Forum > Bike Help

Independent cruiser/Harley shop?

(1/2) > >>

spacemonkey:

This is a bit off topic for sportbikes, but does anyone know of an independent motorcycle shop that would be a good place to have lower bars put on my Sportster?  Most Harley franchise rates are quite high and I think the work would be fairly simple.  However, it would be beyond me as the clutch cable and front brake lines would need to be replaced. 

So I am looking for an independent motorcycle shop to get an estimate from.  Any places to share or recommendations?  Even if you have just seen one, let me know.  Thank you!

-Barron

dl:
Unless your going from high bars (apes), to say drag bars. A little extra length, or larger loop in the cables / hoses is fine, unless its a looks thing for you. But in that case, dont forget about your throttle cable or cables also. An independent shop may not be all that much cheaper as parts will probably cost more than the labor. Shorter clutch cable, throttle cable, brake hose, brake fluid to bleed the brakes, primary cover gasket and fluid to replace clutch cable. I would say 1-2 hours would be ample provided the bars aren't internally wired. That said, V-tech in Anoka is the only shop in the metro I have used. And that is only for dyno tuning, or head machining.

spacemonkey:

Thanks DL, no I am not going from apes, but the buckhorn bars have solid brakelines and the clutch cable is really long, so I think they will both need to be swapped.  I stopped at one place and they said about $600 for an estimate.  I asked a couple of years ago at a Harley shop and they said more than that.  That seems a bit high, doesn't it?

Busa dave:
You should try Hi-Per Sports, 763-493-5620, 10550 Co. Rd. 81, suite 211 in Maple Grove.  I have been using Mike for a very long time.   He's good and works on all types of bikes. 

Ray916MN:
I'd try Dr. Mudspringer 8465 Plaza Blvd. NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432, 763-785-2191 for this kind of work.

They specialize in accessories and accessory installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version