Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suggested terminology change  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
Suggested terminology change
« on: March 27, 2012, 02:13:34 PM »
A lot of the posts devolve into what we expect from a LEADER.   I suggest we change that and start referring to the ride ORGANIZER.   The use of organizer would still show there are required roles for others and relieve some leader's anziety about carrying the whole responsibility for everything.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline tk

• View Profile
Re: Suggested terminology change
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:29:43 PM »
Agreed 100%. Sometimes the person who creates the route, posts the ride to the forum, and hands out the routesheets has someone else lead part or all of the ride. I'm all for changing leaders now and then on a ride. It spreads the risk. I would never, ever try to get someone to lead who doesn't want to though.  We want to make the ride organizer feel as comfortable as possible. That way we will get more people to organize rides.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
Re: Suggested terminology change
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
That's a good idea Ian.  Greg often mentioned this in a couple of his rides last year that he organized.  He was willing to lead but was forthright in saying that he did not want to dictate how the ride exactly went or if other people wanted to lead.  I remember on the way to Rockton with him probably 3-4 different people led our group of 5-6 bikes for different stretches.  That was fun. 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride