Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Foremost Motorcycle Insurance  (Read 2151 times)

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
Foremost Motorcycle Insurance
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »
Anyone had any dealings with Foremost Insurance, good or bad? They sponsor Larry Pegram in AMA superbike. Got a really good quote from them for insurance, saves me about $350 per year over State Farm across my bikes.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
Re: Foremost Motorcycle Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »
I have Foremost as they are now the motorcycle carrier for the Farmers Insurance.  I was not too happy when they jacked my rates by 30% annually for both bikes when they first took over from Farmers.  They said it was because Farmers was too low start with.  I guess I agreed because I enjoyed crazy low rates with Farmers for 15 years.  I pay $300/annually each for the ST1300 and VStrom (both are 2007 and I still carry collision but am going to drop collision after this year.  I don't have any experience with filing a claim. 

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
I have used Foremost but thankfully have no claim experience.  Prices seem fine, at least for me on my old bike.

a.s.

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
I have Foremost as they are now the motorcycle carrier for the Farmers Insurance.  I was not too happy when they jacked my rates by 30% annually for both bikes when they first took over from Farmers.  They said it was because Farmers was too low start with.  I guess I agreed because I enjoyed crazy low rates with Farmers for 15 years.  I pay $300/annually each for the ST1300 and VStrom (both are 2007 and I still carry collision but am going to drop collision after this year.  I don't have any experience with filing a claim. 

wow, I know I'm much younger than you and I pay much less than that for full coverage/collision and $200 deductible on my 2008 FJR.  Check Progressive.  I'm sure you already have so I'll apologize in advance.  And that's only with one bike too, I pay $217/yr.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:45 PM »
They quoted my $830 annually for my 4 bikes together. 250/250 collision and comp, 100/300 on the liability, underinsured, uninsured. That would save me about $350 per year over State Farm.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
They quoted my $830 annually for my 4 bikes together. 250/250 collision and comp, 100/300 on the liability, underinsured, uninsured. That would save me about $350 per year over State Farm.

Will State Farm accept Foremost coverage of the bikes with a State Farm umbrella liability policy?

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

wow, I know I'm much younger than you and I pay much less than that for full coverage/collision and $200 deductible on my 2008 FJR.  Check Progressive.  I'm sure you already have so I'll apologize in advance.  And that's only with one bike too, I pay $217/yr.

Yeah, well it's not like I have a spotless driving record.  ;)  Last time I checked Progressive, they were ridiculous. 

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »

Will State Farm accept Foremost coverage of the bikes with a State Farm umbrella liability policy?

One of the things I have to check out with my State Farm guy

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Checked with State Farm. The umbrella policy premium would go up and I would have to carry the higher limits on the bikes insured with Foremost to be covered under the umbrella. Savings would be about $200 per year vs. $420 per year.