Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vin Number??  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
Vin Number??
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
Is there anything wrong with this Vin #? Does it looked tampered?
Thnx...
Jamey

'13 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
Re: Vin Number??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »
Yes.  I did a Google search on every permutation of that number and nothing popped up as stolen.  How does the title look?
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
No title was issued when the bike was originally sold. It is a dirt bike. I did the same search and turned up nothing. The next to last number looks weird to me...

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
VIN looks okay to me.

Any Honda dealer should be able to look at the VIN and tell you whether the way it looks is normal or if it looks tampered with.

If this is MN bike, it should have been DNR registered at some time in its life. Bring the VIN to the DNR (motor vehicle registration center) and have them look it up. See if the DNR registration lines up with what the seller says the bike's history is. You can also take the VIN to your local police department and ask them to run it to see if it is stolen.

If you can find out who the original selling dealer was, they maybe able to help you too. In some cases they are able to obtain MSOs for non-titled bikes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:51:43 PM by Ray916MN »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
I have had some of my bike look just like this and I was the only owner. So that is not unusual to me.  I have also seen where they are no in a perfect straight line. Some were even on Honda's.

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:58:59 AM »
Aprilian, Ray and Vince, Thnx...