Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MotoGP 2012  (Read 20408 times)

Offline Chris

• View Profile
Re: MotoGP 2012
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
Rough weekend for Spies.  That's the kind of thing I wouldn't be surprised to see on a CRT bike but on a factory Yamaha? 
He has had a hard time since coming to the Factory Team, I think that's why he did not get a contract, on the interviews he was saying that he was not disappointing with his time in MotoGP, he also said he had things to think about. Lots of Rumors around him right now.
Chris
----------

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
Chris
----------

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
Rough weekend for Spies.  That's the kind of thing I wouldn't be surprised to see on a CRT bike but on a factory Yamaha? 

The bike.  Ben is saying this was an equipment failure that caused the crash, not a result of the crash.  Scary stuff.

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 07:04:19 AM »
You can see on the replay that the something broke causing the crash. Coming down through the corkscrew the suspension unloads and then compresses fully, all within a second or two. Surprised there aren't more failures of suspension components.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
Rossi back to Yamaha for 2 years.  This could either be an epic way to end his career in GP or confirm him as being past his prime.  Will be cool to see another bike at the front.

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
YAMAHA?  Yamaha can't even build a bike that lasts a whole race!  Just kiddin'.

It could be really fun to Rossi dicing with Lorenzo and Pedrosa again.  The racing this year has been 98% yawn.  WSBK, on the other hand, has been pretty damn exciting. Lots of passing and very unpredictable.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2012, 05:58:59 PM »
I would have loved to see Rossi, win a Championship on a Duc, that would have been awesome.
Chris
----------

Offline Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
Rossi's tire as he pulled off this weekend...

Stoner burning bridges on his way out.  Clearly won't be working for Bridgestone next year...  LOL

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120706z.htm

More from Whiney McCrybaby: the guy just does not know when to keep him mouth shut.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182859/1/stoner_rossi_has_done_nothing_but_complain.html

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »

More from Whiney McCrybaby: the guy just does not know when to keep him mouth shut.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/182859/1/stoner_rossi_has_done_nothing_but_complain.html

He must have forgot the 3years he did nothing but complain about the bike and the development of it. Stoner always has been a jack ass and always will be.
Chris
----------

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
You guys forget about how much crap Stoner got when he went to Ducati and had troubles early on and complained about the bike but figured out how to ride it. I like both of these guys, but I'm siding with Stoner. Valentino couldn't figure out how to ride the Ducati, I've had bikes that I didn't care for and didn't like riding. I got rid of those bikes. Granted these guys get paid to figure that out, but at the same time if you don't like something and you're a top rider, its easy for you to go somewhere else. There's a whole lot more going on here than just riding bikes, there's more politics in this sport than you can imagine. Also, the article you posted is an abbreviated version of the full article here: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/August/aug1512-stoner-slams-rossi-yamaha-return/
There's alot of truth in that article about what Rossi and Burgess said they could do when they got to Ducati and what they actually did.

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »
Will be interesting to see how much tolerance Audi have for Ducati in MotoGP...