Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Good day or bad?  (Read 5490 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Good day or bad?
« on: April 18, 2012, 11:50:33 PM »
So I get a call from Hope today and she wants to know if I would like to go ride into Welch. Sure right after work will that work. It's a go and she comes over to my house and away we go. Just as we were getting on Hwy 52 ramp my cell goes off so I pull over to see who it is. Well it's Leo's and they said that the bike is at the docks but that is all he knows right now. Good new right. So off to Welch we go. We get into town and I cross the bridge and make the left turn going South. I look in my right mirror to see if she is ok and I don't see her. So I quick turn around my right shoulder and I hear this screaming engine noise from my left. I turn around and here is that little teany weany 250 passing me. You racers know what I mean when you turn to one side and they are passing you on the other. What the H___! What was Lloyd teaching her in that class last weekend in that what ever you call it day beginners day. We get into Vasa and she says I didn't know you could ride that bike that fast. WHAT! WHAT! Turns around and rides it back leading all the way. No brake lights perfect lines. I was holding my breath. We get to the end and she says that things are starting to click. Lloyd when is that next class. There are 2 girls on this forum that can pass me I need to sign up right away. This is turning into a bad day. Then I noticed all this white grease on her chain and then I remeber that I put that on there the day before. So that's why the bike is so fast. Well I left her to ride on her own and went home. Get there and the phone is ringing and it is Leo's again and they said that the bike is on a truck and should be here in about a week. Now that is good news because I need something to stop the girls from passing me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:09:00 AM by vince »

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
Re: Good day of bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:03 AM »
LMAO!  Passing you Vince then trying to keep ahead of you is not easy. I didn't know you could ride that boat so fast! But, I'm getting much more comfortable on my teeny weeny bike. Earlier in the day I managed to get that thing up to 91mph, a new record for me! Maybe all that stuff you and Lloyd have been telling  me is starting to sink In  :)  Or maybe it just was my super duper lubed chain.:...are you sure It was lube you sprayed on there??? I'm gonna need a whole lot more where that came from, especially when your new kawi gets here, lol. 

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
Re: Good day or bad?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:17:23 AM »
Earlier in the day I managed to get that thing up to 91mph

OMG NOT ON A PUBLIC ROAD!!!  YOU ARE CHASTISED FOR LIFE NOW.

jk.  Glad to see people enjoying their bikes.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
Re: Good day of bad?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
Earlier in the day I managed to get that thing up to 91mph, a new record for me!

I've had my 250 Ninja over 100 mph as measured by GPS at least twice.  Both times were with a strong tailwind on flat ground.  I don't think it'd do that without help, especially with my 200 pounds on it.

Brent

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
The listed top speed I've seen and experienced on the older gen EX250s was 106mph.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 03:29:52 PM »
I would be as happy as a pig in a guinea pig pen if I could just get to 100mph, just once to say I did it. I know I will need help somehow to make it happen, like a big hill, LOL

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »
Hope, just wait the next windy day, then find a steep decline with the wind
at your back. I'll bet you can hit 100mph!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
Get behind the wing and don't pass me and we can do it.

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
let me know when this drafting is taking place Vince, I want
to watch!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »
Vince just does this shit to get girls to follow him around, and now Kim you want to watch?  Think about it, he's a sly old fox.
Push Harder

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 08:07:32 PM »
Hope, some smaller bikes top out at higher speeds in 5th (vs. 6th).  It has to do with more torque in 5th.   Also, you need to lay down on the tank, pull your knees in and make yourself as small as possible.   Wind and hills help, but are not necessary.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Hope, some smaller bikes top out at higher speeds in 5th (vs. 6th).  It has to do with more torque in 5th.   Also, you need to lay down on the tank, pull your knees in and make yourself as small as possible.   Wind and hills help, but are not necessary.

I guess I don't know my own bike well enough to know if 5th or 6th is better for that but I will look into it and see if I can find out. I could also try experimenting  ;D I do believe I tuck pretty well. Next time someone is out with me I'll have to take a "trial run" and watch how I do.

Vince just does this shit to get girls to follow him around, and now Kim you want to watch?  Think about it, he's a sly old fox.

LOL Well it's working

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline kp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »

oh I know, Vince and I go back more than a few years!

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
Well I was able to hit 100, going off the speedometer. If I can figure out a way to mount my gps on the bike where I can see it while tucked and won't loose it i'll try the same spot sometime and see what it reads for comparison.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 05:03:09 PM »
Most GPS units will keep a record of high speed & such but you'll have to refer to the owners manual to see if yours does.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!