Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WINTER PROJECTS  (Read 4650 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: WINTER PROJECTS
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »
OK Neub. Engine's in frame enough for this day,weather watcher is blue today so no hurry,snow is on the way. Hey I'm a Poet! I'm old enough to remember the "Real Weather Ball"-RED,WHITE,& GREEN! No stinking sissy BLUE! ;)
john pierson

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
 "IT'S ALIVE!!" After much fiddling & head banging got the Aprilia's front cylinder to fire up so its a twin again. Deep digging on the Aprilia web site turned up a fellow who'd had the same issue. Turns out the manual lied! He was using a Haynes and my cd must be the same. It is easy to get the front cams 360 degrees out(big bang motor) according to guru at AF1 in Texas-he's done it twice in 20 yrs ;). On top of that the manual says turn engine 300 degrees from rear cylinder firing point and set front cams-WRONG!! should be 420 degrees. ::). The bottom line is that I've become much more intimate w the Futura and appreciate it all the more. GJ ;)
john pierson

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »
Took GT380 around the block a couple times to smoke up the neighborhood w the 1984 plate on it! ;D
john pierson

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
spring is finally in the air.  nice job on waking up the neighborhood. 

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 01:19:49 PM »
  Took the Fut out for a test flight to Hanover(did the mile of gravel both ways ;D)nothing fell off or leaked out. Should be good for May Hill Country Ride! ;D
john pierson