Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crashes Reported in the Media  (Read 156045 times)

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: Crashes Reported in the Media
« Reply #435 on: July 02, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »
"From 2010 through 2012, there have been 16 traffic fatalities in Minnesota involving collisions with deer, according to the state Department of Public Safety (DPS)."

This is a disturbing statistic. That's more Minnesotans killed by deer than Killed by the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and all the other militant Islamist groups combined. Our Department of Homeland Security needs to do something about this. We got rid of the buffalo, we can get rid of deer.

The problem with your comparison Tony, it is not the deers intent to kill us. What if the deer could get rid of us for killing them?
Push Harder

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »
"From 2010 through 2012, there have been 16 traffic fatalities in Minnesota involving collisions with deer, according to the state Department of Public Safety (DPS)."

This is a disturbing statistic. That's more Minnesotans killed by deer than Killed by the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and all the other militant Islamist groups combined. Our Department of Homeland Security needs to do something about this. We got rid of the buffalo, we can get rid of deer.

The problem with your comparison Tony, it is not the deers intent to kill us. What if the deer could get rid of us for killing them?

Tony, the deer don't use technology otherwise the NSA would have them all tracked.. ;)

Mike, I believe Tony was making a funny.
Chris
----------

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »

Tony, the deer don't use technology otherwise the NSA would have them all tracked.. ;)

Mike, I believe Tony was making a funny.
So was I
Push Harder

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »
you guys need to bone up on your humor
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 04, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
  What is your definition of "BONE UP"? ::)
john pierson

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 04, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
He said Bone, he he :o
Push Harder

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
All available information for
incident number 13271333.

Incident Number:    13271333    Incident Date/Time:    7/4/2013 12:00:00 PM
    MSP District:    2700    Incident Contact:    MN STATE PATROL DISTRICT 2700 - (218) 302-6127
    Number of Individuals:    2       
    Number of Vehicles:    1    

Milepost:    203    Road Condition:    DRY
    County:    PINE    Number of Lanes:    4
    Crash Type:    RAN OFF ROAD    Divided/Undivided:    DIVIDED ROADWAY
    Incident Classification:    FATAL    Hazardous Material:    NOT PRESENT

Assisting Agencies:

PINE COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE

Person 1:    Info Release Date and Time: Fri Jul 5 12:00:00 CDT 2013
     Person 2:    Info Release Date and Time: Fri Jul 5 12:00:00 CDT 2013

Vehicle 1:
       2000   HARLEY DAVIDSON ROAD-STRT 

IncidentDescription:    MOTORCYCLE WAS TRAVELING NORTHBOUND ON I35 WHEN IT LOST CONTROL AND CRASHED. BOTH OCCUPANTS WERE AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITALS IN DULUTH. 47 YEAR OLD FEMALE PASSENGER DIED AT ST. MARYS IN DULUTH.

Information Complete:    INFORMATION BELIEVED COMPLETE   
    Last Updated:    7/4/2013 4:33:03 PM

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »
incident number 13102650.

Incident Number:    13102650    Incident Date/Time:    7/4/2013 12:09:00 PM
    MSP District:    2100    Incident Contact:    MN STATE PATROL DISTRICT 2100 - (507) 285-7406
    Number of Individuals:    3       
    Number of Vehicles:    2    

Milepost:    NONE RECORDED    Road Condition:    DRY
    County:    OLMSTED    Number of Lanes:    2
    Crash Type:    REAR END    Divided/Undivided:    UNDIVIDED ROADWAY
    Incident Classification:    PERSONAL INJURY    Hazardous Material:    NOT PRESENT

Assisting Agencies:

Person 1:    MOLLE, DORIS G , 71 , OF PLAINVIEW MN , DRIVER OF VEH 1 , Phys. Cond. : NO APPARENT INJURY
     Person 2:    SULLA, JOSHUA M , 21 , OF JIM FALLS WI , DRIVER OF VEH 2 , Phys. Cond. : INJURY - NON LIFE THREATENING
     Person 3:    MOLLE, DONWIN H , 73 , OF PLAINVIEW MN , PASSENGER OF VEH 2 , Phys. Cond. : NO APPARENT INJURY

Vehicle 1:
       1994   DODGE CARAVAN 

Vehicle 2:
       2004   YAMAHA MOTORCYCLE 

IncidentDescription:    VEH 2 WAS WB ON HWY 14 AND TURNING LEFT. VEH 1 WAS WB ON HWY 14. VEHICLES COLLIDED. GOLD CROSS AMBULANCE AND ROCHESTER FIRE ASSISTED ONSCENE.

Last Updated:    7/4/2013 3:06:46 PM

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 05, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
incident number 13102661.

Incident Number:    13102661    Incident Date/Time:    7/4/2013 11:12:00 PM
    MSP District:    2100    Incident Contact:    MN STATE PATROL DISTRICT 2100 - (507) 285-7406
    Number of Individuals:    2       
    Number of Vehicles:    1    

Milepost:    187    Road Condition:    DRY
    County:    DODGE    Number of Lanes:    2
    Crash Type:    ANIMAL    Divided/Undivided:    UNDIVIDED ROADWAY
    Incident Classification:    PROPERTY DAMAGE    Hazardous Material:    NOT PRESENT

Assisting Agencies:

Person 1:    GANRUDE, THOMAS D , 33 , OF CLAREMONT MN , DRIVER OF VEH 1 , Phys. Cond. : NO APPARENT INJURY
     Person 2:    FISHER-DALE, WILLOW J , 28 , OF CLAREMONT MN , PASSENGER OF VEH 1 , Phys. Cond. : INJURY - NON LIFE THREATENING

Vehicle 1:
       2003   HD ROAD-STRT 

IncidentDescription:    V1 HEADED WB ON HWY 14 AND STRUCK DEER. ALSO ASSISTING AT THE SCENE WAS DODGE CENTER AMBULANCE, WEST CONCORD AMBULANCE AND CLARMONT FIRST RESPONDERS

Last Updated:    7/5/2013 1:32:49 AM

Individual Records

Listed below are the individual records that match the criteria you specified.
    *Estimated age used only when true age is unknown.
    Case Number:    13102661    Seatbelt:    N/A
    Incident Date/Time:    7/4/2013 11:12:00 PM    Airbag:    N/A
    Info Released:    NOT RECORDED    Helmet:    NO

Person ID:    13102661V1P1    Age:    33
    Full Name:    GANRUDE, THOMAS D    Estimated Age:    ACTUAL AGE ABOVE
    Associated Vehicle:    13102661V1    Alcohol in System:    NO ALCOHOL DETECTED
    Role in Crash:    DRIVER    Hospital:    , 
    Residence:    CLAREMONT , MN , USA    Physical Condition:    NO APPARENT INJURY 
    Sex:    MALE       
    Relation to Driver:    SELF    Fatal Date:    N/A - NOT RECORDED

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
This is classic case of impatience or inexperience.  Do not pass a vehicle when there are road access they might be turning.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/271745/

Authorities ID victim of fatal motorcycle crash north of Duluth
The victim of a fatal motorcycle crash in Gnesen Township on Thursday morning has been identified.

By: News Tribune staff, Duluth News Tribune

The victim of a fatal motorcycle crash in Gnesen Township on Thursday morning has been identified.

Benjamin Scott Jones, 24, of Rice Lake Township died after his motorcycle struck a sport utility vehicle on Rice Lake Road just before 11 a.m., the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office said.

The Sheriff’s Office said Jones was traveling north when he tried to pass the SUV just as it made a left turn into the Gnesen General Store driveway.

The motorcycle and the SUV went into a ditch. Jones was pronounced dead at the scene. He was wearing a helmet. The SUV’s driver also was hurt, but their injuries were not life-threatening, the Sheriff’s Office said.

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »
This is classic case of impatience or inexperience.  Do not pass a vehicle when there are road access they might be turning.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/article/id/271745/

Authorities ID victim of fatal motorcycle crash north of Duluth

The motorcycle and the SUV went into a ditch. Jones was pronounced dead at the scene. He was wearing a helmet. The SUV’s driver also was hurt, but their injuries were not life-threatening, the Sheriff’s Office said.

This one hit close to home. The vehicle driver is a member of my wife's family. She signaled her turn, was slowing, and I was told there was another vehicle behind her and the rider was attempting to pass them both. I haven't heard what the guy was riding, but I saw the B-roll on the local news and he hit hard - the rear wheel was bent, there was substantial damage to the rear quarter panel, rear passenger door (including a rip thru the sheet metal), and driver's door.

This was a reminder for me that more lives are affected than the family of the one lost. After a friend of ours was severely injured on 94 last month after hitting a deer combined with this wreck impacting our family, my wife is having a hard time with me riding these days, thinking about how horrible it is that a member of her family has to live forever with her role in a fatal crash., 
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
Dude, sorry to hear this happened to your wife's family. 

I don't think the article was clear, but bike was passing two vehicles on left and the front vehicle was signaling a left turn. 

Inattention and poor judgement on the MC driver. 

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
The old cliche applies here, you pick and choose your risks in life.  Sometimes it requires self reflection and rationalization on your part before you can unequivocally state to your spouse, "This is who I am and how I roll."

A few years ago a neighbor dropped dead from a heart attack.  He was only 49 but was a chronic smoker and drank to excess too often.  I recall he once told me he used to ride motorcycle until the wife made him quit not long after they were married.  Too bad she couldn't make him quit smoking and drinking too.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
I have always said, when you throw a leg over one of these things you are putting yourself in harms way. If that is not acceptable, sell the bike and go to church on Sunday.
   If you think you can manage the risk to the point nothing can happen to you on a bike, well think again.
Push Harder

Offline snowflap

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
The old cliche applies here, you pick and choose your risks in life.  Sometimes it requires self reflection and rationalization on your part before you can unequivocally state to your spouse, "This is who I am and how I roll."

A few years ago a neighbor dropped dead from a heart attack.  He was only 49 but was a chronic smoker and drank to excess too often.  I recall he once told me he used to ride motorcycle until the wife made him quit not long after they were married.  Too bad she couldn't make him quit smoking and drinking too.

I covered that during our dating, prior to engagement: motorcycles are a part of who I am; not something that I do. She knows that is part of the package (and she responded by saying she was coming with a cat, and the damn thing is still around nearly 11 years later).

It's just been a rough couple weeks for my dear Mrs. 
My secret to a happy marriage? Get in enough trouble to be sent to the garage.