Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody willing/able to weld something for me?  (Read 5107 times)

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
Anybody willing/able to weld something for me?
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »
Hey all,
I have a exhaust mid-pipe that I need drilled and a O2 bung welded in.  The area I am looking to have this done on the pipe is fully accessible whith the pipe still installed on the bike but am not sure if it is harmful to weld while it is still installed on the bike(would certainly make the project much easier as I could ride the bike to wherever I needed to and not have to dis-assemble).  The other catch is I believe the pipe is titanium....(correction, I believe the pipe I'm working with is actually stainless steel)  

Is there anyone who would be willing/able to do this for me?  Not looking for a freebie but simply would like a quality end result.  Let me know, ok?

Thanks much,
-John
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:03:43 PM by jleosnow »

Duc Man

Re: Anybody willing/able to weld something for me?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »
Ducati Mpls will do it on the bike..They don't weld it though, they drill and use a compression type fitting that works well

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »
Ducati Mpls will do it on the bike..They don't weld it though, they drill and use a compression type fitting that works well

Thanks for the info Duc Man, I appreciate it!

-John

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:25:20 PM »
Well I went down to Ducati of Mpls today and the person I made the appointment with on Wed. was mistaken and thought that I wanted a small 6mm bung fitted...  I need an 18mm bung installed and they were not able to do that for me in house.  I thought it seemed too easy! :(

I think I am just going to get the ECU flashed and have the closed loop O2 sensor curcit removed.  With that done I will be able to use the stock O2 sensor hole for my Bosh wideband sensor.

Thanks,
-John

Thanks,
-John
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:35:08 AM by jleosnow »

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 11:58:36 PM »
You going to be running an Autotune Power Commander?

Muffler shops do that work all the time, maybe not on bike headers but I think an owner/operated type of shop would do it easily.  Sorry I don't have any names in Minnesota though.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:00:27 AM by carlson_mn »
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »
You going to be running an Autotune Power Commander?

Yes, PC-5 and Autotune.

Thanks,
-John

Offline tipster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
Hey all,
I have a exhaust mid-pipe that I need drilled and a O2 bung welded in.  The area I am looking to have this done on the pipe is fully accessible whith the pipe still installed on the bike but am not sure if it is harmful to weld while it is still installed on the bike(would certainly make the project much easier as I could ride the bike to wherever I needed to and not have to dis-assemble).  The other catch is I believe the pipe is titanium....(correction, I believe the pipe I'm working with is actually stainless steel)  

Is there anyone who would be willing/able to do this for me?  Not looking for a freebie but simply would like a quality end result.  Let me know, ok?

Thanks much,
-John

Hi Jleosnow, still need welder to weld stainless pipe? I do have TIG welder. let me know eh!

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:15:18 PM »
Hey all,

Thanks much,
-John

Hi Jleosnow, still need welder to weld stainless pipe? I do have TIG welder. let me know eh!

Hello tipster,
Thank you very much for being willing to help me out but I believe I have the situation taken care of.

Again, much appreciated!
-John

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
Oh, and welcome tipster!  :)

-John

Offline tipster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 05:58:33 AM »
Oh, and welcome tipster!  :)

-John
Thanks John.