Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is my new bike like.  (Read 3749 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
What is my new bike like.
« on: June 16, 2012, 10:00:26 PM »
Well now that I have 4,300+ miles on it and one track day as of yesterday here is what I think. It is not a Honda that is for sure and I really like Honda's. The CBR did flip from side to side just a little bit easier, just a little. The tests say that the Kawi weigh 2 lbs less than the Honda so you would think I didn't feel this way about it. Seating feels the same on both. The fit and finish are both good but the Honda looks like they had a few more engineers than the Kawi team. Just little things like the way the mirrors are made or that there is a place to put the owners manual in the bike. The Honda shifted better also mostly when I down shift. On the track the Honda I could down shift like it was a 2 stroke and the Kawi I fan the clutch. The new suspension work get and is better than my Honda but the Honda comes with the same thing this year so I would think they are the same now. Power both bike have a lot but the Kawi pulls much harder and I mean harder, it is fast. When riding with some one with a bike like my old one the new bike went around it like it was a 600. The power button, there is 3 settings and there is a big difference in them. I used this to help break in the motor. I think the settings are 60%, 80%, and 100%. How about the ABS. Well my old bike didn't have it and this one does. I can say that it works great. I don't know that the front one ever works but I know it is. I can do a small stoppie with it. The back brake I can tell when it starts to work and on the track I can lock it up and then it lets go something I do on my own when I am at high top speed coming into a slow tight corner. And now the last thing the tracksion control. I really wanted this because it is the latest and greatest new thing to have at a good price. I really didn't know what to think of it until the track day. For me I think I can go faster with out it. Maybe this is because I am not using it to it's fullest. I think the way you are suppose to us it it to go into the corner to fast and trail brake in and then let the TC  bring it back in and hold the throttle wide open. The way I used it was to go into the corner at the speed I think I can go and crack the throttle wide open and then it slides out and then comes back. This slows the bike down by lowering the power output. When I was on the track I use the throttle like I was ridding a 600, just snap it wide open. When I shut it off I had to use throttle management. I could barley open the gas about 1/4 and the tire was slipping out and I was going dam fast and at the end of the straight away I was 10 mph faster. So I really like the new bike and wouldn't trade it for nothing. Oh and one last thing that lap timer it come with. I put 80 laps on Friday and not once could I remember to push the button on every lap. I would remember a couple of turns latter every time. Oh well there you have it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:07:14 PM by vince »

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
Re: What is my new bike like.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 10:45:48 PM »
Nice Review - you have put a lot of miles on it.  It must be pretty comfortable for your body.  Riding something like that must be pretty addicting on a track.  One of the mag's comparisons had similar good things to say about the newer ZX-10.  I guess they really liked the GSXR1k even though it did not have quite the top end power but it blows away the rest of the bikes in the low and midrange.

BTW, paragraphs can be your friend! 
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 11:24:47 PM »
Your lucky I used sentences.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 01:05:09 AM »
Your lucky I used sentences.

:lfmao: :lfmao:  OMG, I'm dying laughing!!

For those of u who don't know Vince....  well, lets just say you better get used to it & for those that DO know him, you're dying laughing too!    :P

Nice review Vince!
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
That is funny.

I look forward to riding with you next week Vince.

Well, across the parking lot after that I'll see you at lunch.

;D
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline carlson_mn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
that was the best english I've ever seen him type.  Even got some commas in there.
- Matt from Richfield
2008 FJR1300.  Yeah, it's got a shaft and bags. Let's ride

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »
that was the best English I've ever seen him type.  Even got some commas in there.

Best English?

Perhaps you meant, best grammar or even best punctuation?

Vince is downplaying, the Kawasaki is wicked fast and way better than that Honda.....lol  I can cure that "slow" turn in with about 10 minutes of time...of course it could be in part that OEM tire and that it was worn out too....
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 11:35:07 PM »
lmfao, i was actually able to read this review and make sense of what he was trying to say.  he must have figured out how to use spell check for this one :P

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
I found myself running short of breath by the end.  I need that line space to catch my breath.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »
tl;dr Vince likes his new bike... Dude you lost me at "Well"