Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ducati Minneapolis is Open!  (Read 5131 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Ducati Minneapolis is Open!
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
Ducati Minneapolis has opened. 2800 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis. Formerly Silverback Performance, noted Ducati service and tuning shop in Saint Paul New bikes on the floor and a full service shop.

I think I'll try to swing by and check it out tomorrow.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: Ducati Minneapolis is Open!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »
Swung by today and checked it out. Still allot of set up to do, but the doors are open, they are accepting service work, and if you want to buy a bike they'll sell one to you. They probably have something like 20 bikes in inventory right now. Going to be a really nice dealership.

Fred posted the notice to Craigslist last night about the dealer being open. They received their dealer's license yesterday.

Here's a link to a good article on the dealership.

I took some photos of the dealership, but missed a couple of key things. The service area is a fishbowl, with floor to ceiling glass so you can see the work benches and technicians at work. They have a huge red cappuccino machine and will have a nice customer lounge area near it, which they plan to have WSBK and MotoGp viewing parties in. Should be a nice place to hang out.

An 1198 fresh from the crate

The parts counter

Anthony, the service manager, while they operate out of two locations and Heather, the parts manager, who many of you may recognize from Manley and Delano

The shop area

Something you won't probably see at any other dealership in the Twin Cities. One of the dealership owners (Fred), working on a bike!

They haven't established regular hours yet, but they'll be there tomorrow still pulling things together.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
Looks like a nice dealership...kinda makes me want to get a Ducati now!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »
Can't wait to check them out

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »
I was in there yesterday. They even have an espresso machine. Hope they get a big screen tv and show MotoGP and SBK.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
They even have an espresso machine

Doug always wanted me to get one of those when he worked for/with me...lol  I guess he finally got what he wanted.

Tony where have you been? You missed a good ride on sunday.

I took some temp work with the US Census to help pay for my new Kawi.  Have to work evenings and weekends a lot for the next month.  I did
snag time off for AR/MO and TWISTAR.

PKPK

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »
So Ray, did you ask them to look at your Duc that often runs out of fuel?    :D

Vander

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 03:53:15 PM »
Nice!

Could someone perhaps talk these guys into taking on Aprilia too?

PLEASE?!  :o

Offline D.T.

• Let's Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:36:31 AM »
Sweet! I'll have to get there and check it out also.

If they have new Multi-Stradas for under $10k I'll have to buy one!  :D

EDIT: I made it over there today, the 19th. They aren't quite moved in yet, but what a nice place! No multi-stradas, they only had one white one and it was "out on a ride" for some reason.  ???  Plus it was $20k.  :o
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:37:21 PM by D.T. »
Davey T.
2012 Orange and black Suzuki DL650A
2005 Red and Black Suzuki SV1000R

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
my friend that has a 999 said they were very nice at this place, sure beats the other two that will remain nameless.

Looks like a nice dealership...kinda makes me want to get a Ducati now!!

I love the look and sound of the Duc's; but I don't like the maintenance that you need to do on them you.
Chris
----------

Offline Powershouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »
Sweet! I'll have to get there and check it out also.

If they have new Multi-Stradas for under $10k I'll have to buy one!  :D

EDIT: I made it over there today, the 19th. They aren't quite moved in yet, but what a nice place! No multi-stradas, they only had one white one and it was "out on a ride" for some reason.  ???  Plus it was $20k.  :o

The white Multistrada was over in Menomonee that day hauling a photog for the Nature Valley Grand Prix.

Offline RLEW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
Hi guys..

Ducati Minneapolis is great!!
After reading the post about Midwest, it reminded me of why I haven't been there for five years..some things never change :'(

Thursday night I talked to Fred about mounting and balancing my new tires. No problem says he, bring them in!!
So dropped them off Friday (mid morning), went back to work, and picked them up FRIDAY AFTERNOON ;D Same day before the holiday week-end, I was prepared to pick them up on Tuesday.
I'm here to tell you its a great place. I walked into the showroom, looked at all the bikes on the way to the counter and (hold your breath) was waited on in an instant!

Ah, friendly people, and even thou their still setting up clothing racks and inventory, the place was clean, and that "fishbowl" service bay is very cool.

I do have some concerns through.. if you want to keep your sanity... keep your wallet in the car. I found out that ALL the Duc's have arms and they constantly tug on your pockets.

be safe