Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why I ride Adventure-Tour Bike  (Read 7823 times)

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
Re: Why I ride Adventure-Tour Bike
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
Do they really?  Slick mud is what I'm most worried about up on the "roads" way up north...

now that i can get KTC-80's in the right size, i plan to make it to the top of the world on my ninja...

a.s.

As long as it doesn't rain. They suck in the wet.

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
Allon

Posting some more info on Sunday ride?

Are you speaking of the one posted on TC DualSports?  :)

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
Index finger touches end of nose...
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 02:45:55 PM »
Roger you lurker where you been?
Push Harder

Offline Vander

• Family Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »

Sadly, I am unable to attend.
...hopefully I get a chance to ride with you one more time before the close of this riding season, Roger.

Offline Tim...

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »
For the street, a dual-sport bike makes more and more sense to me.  Most people cannot ride a sport bike to its fullest potential (or a dirt bike for that matter); remember getting schooled, in the Ozark's, a few years back by a guy on a GS - that thing was on rails

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
This reminds me of the "roads" (there's a loose term) that Vince has lead me on this summer, lol. I've ridden down so much gravel, rocky, hole filled crummy roads on my bike that I wouldn't even want to take my car on. After stopping and yelling at Vince that "this roads sucks" I followed him anyways. Now, if I ever need to bury evidence I'm confident I can get back there on my bike and keep a low profile and I don't need some gimicky adventure bike to do it with. I happen to love my 250 but certainly not going to go around and act like it's the greatest bike out there. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours too. There's as many different types of bikes as there are bikers and one is not "better" than the rest, just different.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:55:59 PM »
Without a doubt when it comes to a Swiss Army knife bike, adventure tourers are it. I'm thinking about doing the Al-Can highway and riding to Hyder, AA and although I know people have done this rides on all sorts of bikes, the logical choice is an adventure tourer.

A large number of folks who I rode with when I lived in Colorado were BMW GS mounted and they were very effective on the things. Not easy to keep up with and capable of dragging the cylinder heads on them even with Tourance dual sport tires on them, they used to entertain themselves riding off road, while we would wait for the rest of the group to catch up. Kind of wish I had an adventure tourer when we went to Colorado this year as there were some dirt road mountain passes I would have done had I been on one.