Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pray  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Busa dave

• Faster for the Master
    • View Profile
Pray
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »
Please pray for Jeff (Blue ZX 1400).     He was with us on the “Slimey Crud” ride this last Sunday and he crashed after the gas stop in Westby. When he got home he started to feel funny. So his wife took him into ER and they discovered 3 broken bones in his neck. But thank God, no spinal cord injury. He is now at home with a halo brace, that he will have thru July and then a soft collar after that. Please pray for a speedy recovery and total healing.   Thank you so much, God Speed,  dave

PKPK

Re: Pray
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »
Wow, I hate to use the word luck, so I will chalk it up to divine intervention that he "felt funny" and decided to get it checked out.  It could have had a really bad ending if he ignored the pain and went to bed with those broken bones in his neck.  Sort of gives one pause about that  medical advice for a thorough examination after a crash. 

Get well quickly Jeff.  But do the recovery properly, the bike can wait. 

Paul

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
Holy Wah!
 Jeff, I'm glad you are relatively o.k.! I shudder to think of all the stresses on your neck during the ride home.
Heal well, I'll be thinking of you. Have someone post up if you need anything.

Jeff Sanders
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:04:48 PM by Sanders »
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »
Jeff,  Heal up soon!!!  You definately had an angel looking out for you - spinal injuries can be very life altering!  Take care
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline dl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
Wow Jeff, glad to here that you went in and got checked out. Too many times we, myself included, try to tough it out until we cant take the pain or sickness. Hopefully you have a lot of vacation time to offset being off of work for awhile. Hope the recovery goes good.
'99 Sprint ST

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »
Ge wiz Jeff I'm glad to hear it isn't any worse. Get better soon my friend.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
I feel bad because I know those guys were trying to catch up to my group.... And man to think you rode home with 3 bones in your neck broken....

I don't think you should beat yourself up over this, we all ride our own ride, and I'm sure Jeff would say the same thing.

Any updates on Jeff? Is he home? Anything we can do?

Jeff Sanders
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »
Get well soon Jeff!

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you while you're healing.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 11:11:56 PM »
Thoughts & prayers out to him & his family while he recovers.  I don't think I've met him yet but from the sounds of it he is a strong person.  Get well soon...even if you miss the rest of this season, make sure you heal up fully so you can enjoy the rest of the seasons ahead of you!!
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline allonm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
Very sorry to hear Jeff.
Hope you get better soon.
Allon

Offline Lonerider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
First I want to say thank you for all the best wishes and even more so for the prayers said on my behalf.

Lloyd, Sanders is right don't beat yourself up this was in no way your responsibility. I know to ride my own pace and Dennis waited for me to find the turn, I just encountered some gravel and didn't handle it. I am very grateful for the guys stopping and helping me up.I honestly felt just a little sore a little stiff and didn't think I had any serious injury not even any abrasions. But most of all I believe it was by the grace of God I made it home without further injury. The symptoms that indicated something serious did not develop until after I got home.

The doctors have set me up in a Halo, which I am required to wear for 3 months, then a (not sure if this correct) Jacobs brace and then a soft collar. if all goes according to plan I will go back to work in three months be able to ride in five months, basically next season.

I am also very grateful to have disability insurance through my employer, which while not being what I earn when working will at least mean we don't have to worry about the house payment. And I have been assured that I have a job when am able to go back to work. things could definitely be far worse and I am very grateful for the relatively minor consequences

Thanks again
Jeff R

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
I'm sorry to read about this. I hope you get back to 100% as soon as possible Jeff.

tony

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 10:20:23 AM »
Jeff
  Wow! I'm impressed with your attitude. Thanks for posting up, I've been thinking about you a lot and was wondering. The disability insurance is some piece of mind for sure! I'm so glad you are still with your family, and us. Heal Well Buddy!

Jeff Sanders