Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Welcome!
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »
Thanks for coming to the forum and thanks even more if you joined.

First and foremost, this forum is intended by where Minnesota sport and sport touring riders set up "Pace" rides, share opinions, and balance SAFETY and SPORT riding fun.

This forum has been set up to eventually replace the MN-Sportbike YahooGroup I started almost a decade ago and while there are other Minnesota motorcycling forums, it is our hope that this forum comes to be the leading forum for balanced, open, respectful interaction between Minnesota's sport and sport-touring riders

Offline hille141

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
Awesome Ray!  I'm on the Yahoo Group but it is such a pain to browse I didn't use it much.  Hopefully the new forum takes off quickly.

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to get this forum up & running Ray!   Glad to be a member!

-John

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »
....it is our hope that this forum comes to be the leading forum for balanced, open, respectful interaction between Minnesota's sport and sport-touring riders

Well said Ray!!  I know I will be happy to do what I can to see this forum succeed in it's mission.  I think this is going to give some other forums a run for their money!!

I got my feet wet on other forums over the past couple seasons and a lot of you on here will likely recognize my name from elsewhere.  So far what this forum is geared towards is more in line with my riding ideals lately.  I do hope to contribute in a positive respectful manner & look forward to seeing more & more of the yahoo group guys on here.

Hopefully as things get going we can do a meet & greet so we can place faces with the names of people we have not met yet.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline T.W. Day

• View Profile
    • Geezer with a Grudge
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:39 PM »
Nice work. It looks pretty cool. Being old and illiterate, I'm not sure how the email reply system is going to work, but it seems like it ought to be an improvement from the Yahoo! site. Thanks, Ray.

Offline DavidLSI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:30:27 PM »
Way to go Ray, from a neighbor to the east.

Good luck with this...

SeeYa
DavidLSI

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »
Ray, the new site looks terrific. Thanks for your hard work in getting it up and running.

Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Gillingham

• Gassssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
Thanks for the invitation. I've always said all things must pass. This site is a new beginning!
Gillingham
94 PC
94 CB1000
78 CB750K

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:51:09 PM »
I like it. Nice work Ray.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
Nice job Ray!
I know you like simple, but this is pretty easy to use and it may breathe new life into the old group.
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline Dan B

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »
I'll try it for a week, but if I don't like it I want my money back   :P

Seriously, I hope this puts some life back into list.  I miss the "bygone days" of MN-Sportbike and look forward to some good rides this summer.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:02:28 AM »
This forum is great. There is activity on here everyday. I check it everyday now.

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »
Just thought I'd check since this forum actually has MSTA on the Banner. Do you want to keep this forum focused on Sport Riding and Sport touring? Or are posts for any type of riding welcome - Trackdays, Dirtbikes etc. Or would you rather those posts stay on the forums that focus on that type of riding?

George
George
DR650

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:59:32 PM »
Just thought I'd check since this forum actually has MSTA on the Banner. Do you want to keep this forum focused on Sport Riding and Sport touring? Or are posts for any type of riding welcome - Trackdays, Dirtbikes etc. Or would you rather those posts stay on the forums that focus on that type of riding?

George

Post whatever the heck you want related to riding.

If we get enough posts related to different types of riding, we can always create separate sub forums to make it easier for people to keep track of different types of riding if the volume warrants.

Offline MinnDuc

• 1098 & Hypermotard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:59 AM »
Thanks Ray, this is much better than the old forum.