Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Headed West-July 9-Aug.1  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
Headed West-July 9-Aug.1
« on: May 09, 2010, 06:42:08 AM »
I"ve got three weeks +, but I might shorten that as the D.A. is complaining a bit. (although if she hasn't divorced me after 26 years...) The only destination I have is a surprise ambush involving my Dad and his buddy (Jesus H., and I'm not kidding) at a BMW rally in Menlo Washington (Salmon, oysters and ale, mmmmm)
So I'm thinking I might like to try the Lolo pass again, but I'm also tempted to run a southerly route and try the White rim trail on the big cow. I guess what I'm really looking for are some ideas of some routes you all would take, both on and off road (but no single track, I have to draw the line somewhere). I'm not at all familiar with Idaho, or Washington and have only been to Oregon once. Colorado and Utah are definitely still in the loop (never been to Marble Co.) and even California. Heck I might ride to his house and surprise him. So loop routes are welcome as I expect a day or two here and there of leisure fun.
I may not answer every suggestion, I will read them all.
I plan on camping and roughing it all the way. No shaves, no showers, one pair of skivvies and so on. I'm tired of the chicks hitting on me all the time!

Sanders
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline tk

• View Profile
Re: Headed West-July 9-Aug.1
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 02:21:47 PM »
Hard to beat That road thru Lolo Pass. 77 miles of ecstacy. Try US 12 thru MacDonald Pass in MT. Not spectacular but something different. Both passes are on the way to Washington.

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
The really neat thing about Lolo, is camping at Lolo Hot Springs, cuz' then you have to come back. 154 miles of twisty fun.
Last edited by Temporal Security Agency: 8-25-2026 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Deleted unlawful reference to future history

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
I'm doing the White Rim and a bunch of other stuff around Moab in the 1st week of June. I can send you the tracks of the stuff suitable for big bikes. I've made one for the WRT and Loop in the La Sal Mtn's already you'd probably want to wait for the tracks from the Mtn loop after I've ridden it. I've just got waypoints and it's routing off road in straight lines, so it would be hard to know if your still on the right trail. I'll clean it up after so it's more accurate.

I've got a couple of books from Charles Wells for Utah and Colorado that has Jeep trails, allot of these would work for Big bikes. They're pretty decent with pics and descriptions of the terrain, as well as mileage and waypoints. I need them for the trip at the end of May beginning of June but you're welcome to look at them before or after.

George
George
DR650

Offline Sanders

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »
Wow! That'd be great George, I was not expecting that much help!! I really appreciate it, and I'll take you up on the books

Jeff

Lloyd

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
"I'm tired of the chicks hitting on me all the time!"

Well the no shaving, showering and wearing the same skivvies for 3 weeks will take care of that...lol

Offline Furiousgeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »
I've uploaded the my WRT route.
http://mn-msta.com/index.php/topic,138.0.html
I'll let you know how it goes. I should be back around 6/7. We can get together after that and can use the books until you get back from your trip.

George
George
DR650