Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dealers/Vendors  (Read 6372 times)

Offline flyinlow

• View Profile
Re: Dealers/Vendors
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
Lou out at Delano is a good mechanic, he is there certified Ducati mechanic. Also knows his way around Aprilia's, if you ever need older Aprilia work that is non warranty I would take it to him before taking it to Leo's

2008 Ducati Monster S4Rs Tricolore

Offline slh7d

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
So, what is a "normal" per hour labor cost?

Appears Ducati MPLS is at $125/hr. 
2010 Ducati Streetfighter S

Offline ARS

• memory's the second thing to go I forget the first
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 09:14:16 PM »
I purchase a pair of Tour Master Venture-A pants at BOB's Cycle Supply 5 months ago and one of the leg zippers blew out.  Thinking I'd have to eat this one since most stores honor 90-day returns at best. . .I brought them in anyway to see if they'd work with me.  To my surprise, the initial reply was "Give him another one off the self".  I was pleasantly stunned, but they didn't have any left.  Well the clerk said, "We can get them repaired under 'warranty'".  Two days later I picked up my pants and the quality of work was flawless.  I don't think you'd get this kind of service from Amazon.com     It feels weird not taking it in the shorts for a change.

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Tourmaster but one thing I do know is they work closely with their resellers.  The motorcycle gear market has become crowded in a flat market and it's in Tourmaster's interest to have a good working relationship with their resellers.  Bob's response had more to do with knowing they had Tourmaster's support.  I'm not saying Bob's has no credit, but they wouldn't have lost anything by blowing you off (except losing you.)

I have a three year old First Gear TPG Ranier that I absolutely love.  I emailed them because the collar is already getting sort of ratty.  Their response, "send it back with this email when you are done riding and we'll replace it with better material for free."  Sure nice to have good customer service. 

Offline ARS

• memory's the second thing to go I forget the first
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »
Yeah, you’re probably right pk maybe it was just an illusion. Glad you got good service from First Gear. I've had their high-vis Kilimanjaro for a year and have no complaints about the jacket yet.

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »
Sorry, I'm not trying to dismiss Bob's service.  I said they could have blown you off but didn't.