Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A nice weekend trip to the "deer shack"  (Read 1689 times)

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
A nice weekend trip to the "deer shack"
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
My Labor Day weekend plans came together nicely.  My wife, son, daughter & I where going to join the wife's family up at the "Deer Shack".  The car was a bit crowded with 2 adults, 2 dogs, 2 kids, and all our stuff.  I also invited my friend Dave who just helped me re-build my deck as a thank you.  Dave & I decided to ride the bikes... even though he rides a chopped Sportster....

Friday Rochester, MN to NW WI
We had a nice ride up.  Weather was warm, and humid.  Had a little threat of a rain storm, but it passed with nothing.  The wife took the lead in her GMC Terrain... with a lead foot!  Dave & I took our time, had a nice ride, and pulled in just behind the wife because she had 2 stops for diaper changes on the little one. 
The deer shack.

Saturday we took a ride near Superior, WI to see my brother's new house/property.  First time home owner, he found a 40 acre property with a small house needing some work, and a few run down outbuildings for a great price.  From there to the Mouth of the Brule River.

Then back to the "shack" 

Sunday we spent some time with the family.  While Dave was out on the lake my Niece Taverie decided to be a model on Dave's Harley.

I think her parents are going to have trouble with this one! 

We had a threat of rain again, and did see a few drops but that was all.  It was a late arrival back at home, but a nice ride for the weekend.

2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
Re: A nice weekend trip to the "deer shack"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
LOL, that ain't a "deer shack."  I would probably skip hunting deer if I was up there for a weekend.  :D

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:37:02 PM »
LOL, that ain't a "deer shack."  I would probably skip hunting deer if I was up there for a weekend.  :D
We have it really rough... Hot tub feels really good when you come in from the cold stand in late November....
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 11:01:33 AM »
Wow! I didn't know those big Kawis could get such good mileage.

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
Wow! I didn't know those big Kawis could get such good mileage.
Keep them under 80 and it is easy.  Even better on the '10 & up models with the ECO mode.  Some say MPG gets better in 5th than 6th gear keeping the revs higher.  I have not tried that for any distance. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990