Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:56:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new pavement  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
new pavement
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
Greetings from Dixie! Team Inappropriate is busy thumbing the blade in Arkansas & Missouri and has a road update for ya 'all. Highway 125 has new pavement (!) from the north end of the Peel ferry all the way to Chadwick. Can I get an amen from the choir? Who wants to comeback in a couple of weeks?  ;)

Booyah, baby. Boo fricking yah!

Greg

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:38:57 PM by Greg »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
Re: new pavement
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »
Jackass. You know how I feel about 125.
Let's see, leave now, mmmm 6 fuel stops, maybe 7, not sure what my mpg is at a steady 7500 RPM (about +2K from the normal v-twin cruising rate)? I may bit a bit late for breakfast at the diner...but not by much.
Grab enough of that Ozark Serenity for both of us! Maybe even sneak in a bit of porch sittin' just for me.
Thanks for the update!
+Wade
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com

2011 GSXR750 (Wrench it II)
2008 CBR1000RR (Wrench it)
2006 GSX-R 600 (Track only)
2004 KLX110 (Ride it, winter)
2003 Aprilia Falco (Ride it)
1987 Yamaha FZ600 (Revived it, Sold it)
1982 Honda XL250R (Seized it, gave it away)

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:04 AM »
Where's this year's picture of all you taking the same scenery shot?   Or I'll settle for a picture of that fresh pavement.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
In!

;D
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 12:25:13 AM »
I attest to the sweetness of 125...
'13 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 03:06:50 AM »
One of these times I REALLY want to make a trip with you guys down there!!

Maybe next season I'll have enough vacation time saved up to do so.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Just call in sick for a week. Happens all the time.

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »
Vince

The sickness you are talking about is called butthole glaucoma. You just can't see your ass going to work... ;D I have suffered from that....

Offline Aprilian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
Hmmm...  Would I rather my pilot have that vision problem or just the usual hangover from rum 'n Coke?

PS  Hwy 8 by Cannon Falls also has new pavement with fantastic grip.  I ran it twice yesterday.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:00:31 AM by Aprilian »
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Hmmm...  Would I rather my pilot have that vision problem or just the usual hangover from rum 'n Coke?

Ian, don't know what u r trying to say here. If "your" pilot had BG, he wouldn't be your pilot, he would be home doing something fun like alphabets or hanging with the fam:-). The usual hangover??? Can't answer that one since that would not be me or the vast majority of "your" pilots.

Offline Aprilian

• View Profile
Ian

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
That happened 23 years ago. Pretty bad press for NWA and the pilot proffesion. The Capt, Lyle Prouse retiref from NWA after your esteemed ex Pres Clinton pardoned him. I will tell you the story when we ride next. Drunk pilots happen but it's extremely rare. Pilots with butthole galucoma are far more common, especially during the spring and summer months. ;-) 

Offline Aprilian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 08:59:48 PM »
Drunk pilots happen but it's extremely rare.

Is that because it is hard to operate your laptop when drinking?  :P ;D http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17/us/17pilot.html?_r=0   Looking forward to the story.   I know a local pilot who was a drinker and they just reassigned him to the simulator.
Ian

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 06:42:31 AM »
Pilots with butthole galucoma are far more common, especially during the spring and summer months. ;-)

This keeps my pilot friend employed.  He does not have a set schedule, but rather is on call.  There are drawbacks, but I hear the money is better, while working less.  He just has to stay within an hour of the airport on his "call" days. 

Another pilot friend is up in Alaska.  I hear there are some real nightmare pilots & employers up there.  He has it made!  Flying a Cessna 208 Caravan for Wright Air Service out of Fairbanks.  His Caravan was factory new when he started there. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

This keeps my pilot friend employed.  He does not have a set schedule, but rather is on call.  There are drawbacks, but I hear the money is better, while working less.  He just has to stay within an hour of the airport on his "call" days. 

For us, being on call is ok but it is not more money. When on call, you get a 70hr/mo pay guarantee whether you fly or not. You are on call for 18 days. I am not on call and can average 85hrs/mo in 14 days. I get more money and more days off.

Another pilot friend is up in Alaska.  I hear there are some real nightmare pilots & employers up there.  He has it made!  Flying a Cessna 208 Caravan for Wright Air Service out of Fairbanks.  His Caravan was factory new when he started there. 

Flying in Alaska is challenging enough, now add to that small operators that can be very unscrupulous. The result is a very unhappy pilot. My first job was with a small cargo airline and it reminds of your friend's stories. Although I will be forever grateful for the opportunity the owner gave me, I prayed everyday that I could get a better job and leave without any incidents.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:49:29 AM by Jam-Bro »