Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Snowmobile ride.  (Read 1913 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Snowmobile ride.
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »
I know the IMS was this weekend. I went snowmobiling up in the Arrowhead with some of my club members. On the way up on Hwy 35 I pass a van pulling a pair of sleds. What the heck it is Steve and Sue Miller. Quick roll down the window and we talk. To old to use cell phone so we just slow down 5 mph. Hey where are you going? Silver Bay. No way. What motel? AmericInn. No way. How many days? 3. No way. Get a call from Mike D. You going to the IMS. No we are on are way North and going by Your place. Well stop by and have lunch. Sure thing. So all of us plus my driver stop and had a great lunch and talked about saving the world. Right lol.
At the motel I meet and forum member. He said his name was John. He has ridden with us and Ray but he had so much head gear on I didn't recognize him. Maybe he will read this and say who he was.
Rode with Steve and Sue for 2 days and had a great time. We came home on Monday and they still went out for a short ride that morning as well. Hard core for sure.
Stopped on the way home and had lunch with Mike D. again. Another good day for sure. Lots of stories to tell.

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
Re: Snowmobile ride.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:01:22 AM »
Hey Vince,
It was me(John) at the hotel in Silver Bay. I hope you had a good ride up to Grand Portage!

-John

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:10 AM »
All right John! I was thinking it was you. I could only see your eyes. Lol. Hope you had a great time. We sure did. The trails were great for us. How was your ride?

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »
All right John! I was thinking it was you. I could only see your eyes. Lol. Hope you had a great time. We sure did. The trails were great for us. How was your ride?

Hi Vince,
Yes, the trails were great but our day got cut short with my buddys sled loosing a piston.  You probably saw it trailside about 20 miles north of Silver Bay on the NSST at a road crossing.  Heck, you maybe even saw us heading back to the hotel nuts to butts to get the truck/trailer....  :(

-John

Offline RidinAgain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »
Sure was a surprize to see Vince on 35N on Friday!!!  I wondered what was going on after they passed us with Vince's nose stuck on his wndow looking at us!!! Didn't recognize him at first with his glasses being so dark. LOL!!  It was good to see Mike D on the way up for lunch and we met and rode with some really nice people in Vince's sled club.  Really great trails and the hot tub sure was nice after a day riding for my old bones.  Vince as usual was in riding in front...... ;-)
Over 500mi over the weekend for us.

Steve & Sue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:50:47 AM by RidinAgain »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 12:16:27 PM »
Yes we did see your sled at the road crossing. To bad, sorry to hear.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
Wonderful set of coincidences.  :)