Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Winter Reading  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Elk

• View Profile
Winter Reading
« on: February 12, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »
Winter is the perfect time to reassess riding techniques and to mentally prepare for a safe and intelligent riding season.

I have Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist I & II since they were first published, and am currently rereading Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch.  I find the Ienatsch superior.

While one cannot learn to ride well by reading a book, you can learn a great deal as to how to approach riding as well as about motorcycle dynamics.

Does anyone have suggestions for other books?  I am finding it helpful to mentally review before getting on a bike again.

Thanks

Ehrich

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: Winter Reading
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
  Technique of motor racing by Piero Taruffi. An interesting if dated book. Taruffi raced bikes & cars way back-can you say Gilera Four! Pavement and people haven't changed so his ideas are still quite valid. Hennepin C. & Rochester have copies according to MN Link. Kenny Roberts wrote one too is you want a more modern viewpoint. My Winter reads have been Archeological/Pre-History stuff like 'America Unearthed' including our possible Alien Ancestors(as long as they were Norwegians!). I hope to see you on 2 wheels again soon. I'm not sure how my season will go as the engine is coming out of the Futura for some 50k work-intakes are tight,valve stem seals leaking,balance shaft loose. A bit of a job but I'm excited about getting better acquainted w the Rotax. GJ ::)
john pierson

Offline Elk

• View Profile
Re: Winter Reading
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:40:50 PM »
Excellent suggestion.  I have Taruff's book.  It is excellent and indeed timeless.  I enjoy that Fangio wrote the intro. 

I will check out Robert's book. 

I am familiar with Rotax engines only from aircraft - sweet powerplants.

Thanks, John!