Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New tires  (Read 1266 times)

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
New tires
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:51:01 PM »
After 5770 miles on my stock tires I finally got new tires.  Months of winter storage gave me the time to read up, and decide on a set.   Another factor was the TPMS where both showing low battery when it came out of storage. 

I called a dealer & set up the TPMS (under warranty) as well as the new tires.  PR4 GT's in the 50 series rear.  Dealer swapped out the tires for no charge while doing the sensors.  Rode it in this past Monday (in the afternoon when the previous nights snow melted), was called Tuesday it was done.  Piked it up Thursday (again after the snow melted). 

Yesterday I spent most of the day riding.  Morning temps where a bit chilly- started out at 33 deg.  At noon I met up with another (sport bike) rider for some fun.  A good mix of rural roads, hwy, & city riding. 

After 390 miles all I can say is to repeat what others have said.  It is like a whole different bike!  Smoother and quieter on the highway.  Rolls in and out of the corners with almost no effort.  Holds very well in the twisty stuff.  I didn't drag a peg, but close a few times.  I'd rather wait for warmer weather before pushing any harder. 

I just hope to get good tire life out of these.  I don't usually ride that aggressive.  Just like to have fun once in a while.  Most of my riding is commuting or a leisurely cruise.  I'll post up my thoughts as I pile up the miles. 

Got the rear leaned over a little bit.  Can't see in this picture but over to the 2CT on the tread.

Front looks better.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
Re: New tires
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
I've been using PR3's and I think they're great. Ran into a guy in NC runnin the 4's and he loves them. Be interesting to see if the 4's are better, and if so in what ways.
Push Harder

Offline JoeRau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 08:22:58 AM »
From what I hear (mostly ads) claim 20% more miles over the PR3. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline Tad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »
Just put the PR3's on my old 900SS, didnt even notice they made a PR4!
I guess that why I got the PR3's cheap.