Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:21:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moto GP thread  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
Moto GP thread
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:34:01 PM »
So who is following Moto GP this season?

You think Marquez will be champion again this year? I'm excited to watch his younger brother and see how does too.

How about the last race where Lorenzo jumped the gun? lol Once he realized what he had done and was gonna be penalized anyways he should've just took off and got as far ahead as possible.

And too bad Rossi was having tire issues, that first race he sure was duking it out with Marquez and had everyone on the edge of their seat.

Ducati got a podium finish, doesn't that change the game for them now?

Anyone else see the practice sessions for this weekends race?

Any thoughts?

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
Re: Moto GP thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »
Just about to watch Qualifying for both MotoGP and WSBK. Typically, for me, qualifying is a better race than the race :). I've been a Marquez fan since his Moto2 days...very gifted and exciting to watch. At this point, unless something radically changes soon (other bikes *magically* develop rapidly, injury, other?), the season look likes a rout. But nothing is ever decided until the checkers fly. Rossi outrunning Jorge is unexpected. The Espagaros are also putting on a good show.
Been to a live MotoGP race? I've seemed to have work conflicts for both COTA and Indy for the last couple years...maybe this August a run to Indy will happen?
+Wade
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com

2011 GSXR750 (Wrench it II)
2008 CBR1000RR (Wrench it)
2006 GSX-R 600 (Track only)
2004 KLX110 (Ride it, winter)
2003 Aprilia Falco (Ride it)
1987 Yamaha FZ600 (Revived it, Sold it)
1982 Honda XL250R (Seized it, gave it away)

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:37:38 PM »
Finally I found a fan! lol

Marquez continues to dominate! I wouldn't be surprised to see him win it all, he just smokes the competition. But like you said it's still early in the game. That first lap today on Moto GP was pretty exciting. I don't really have any favorites yet but was happy to see Honda take a big victory (since I'm a fan of Honda). I was hoping to see Rossi do a little better, but he could come it last place and I would still be a Rossi fan. I haven't been to a live race (yet) but hoping to make that happen at Indy as well.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline Tad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 08:51:04 AM »
You got another GP follower here, i never get to watch the races, but i follow any way I can.
Sorry to say I think it will be another all Marquez season, i am all for new blood but when its a race for 2nd all season its like getting back to the Doohan days.
I am glad to see Vale getting back to business on the M1, and really happy to see some that can make friends with the duck.
I was hoping the Drive's customer Honda would be more competitive, but by Nicks expressions sounds like he will have a long season.
Finally it was sad to hear Colin is retiring, not that its really a surprise.

How about whats left of the AMA series? what is it 5 tracks this year....yikes. Man I used to love watching Bostroms, Haydens, Matt, Ben go at it at RA.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »
I'm thinking Marquez will run away with the championship. I'd like to see the Yamaha riders give him a run for his money. We really need more manufacturers in this series. It seems like Honda is dominant with Yamaha the only other serious competitor.

World superbike looks more interesting to me.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
I never got into watching AMA, Vince told me they were down to just a few races and it sounded like there wasn't much to follow. Too bad though with RA only hours away it would be cool to go see them live.

I only started following Moto GP more seriously last year and still learning all the rules. I watch WSB when it's on too but don't know the riders as well and really prefer the Moto GP races. I think you're right about Marquez, I could see him taking it all. As a Honda fan I wasn't disappointed to see him and his team mate take 1st and 2nd :)  And I always love watching Rossi, I'd like to see him duke it out with Marquez again!

That first lap yesterday had to be the best lap of the race! I think everybody was screaming! lol

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
Marquez is going to take it all. Lorenzo is 53 points behind. He as to win the next 11 races to take the lead. Or Mark as to crash out or at least DNF for something. I am Italian to I like to see Rossi do well. And I just plain like the guy.

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
The first few laps of MotoGP were incredible! Then it got into a familiar rhythm. It may take a rain race to mix the finishing order up. WSBK had a bit of scrambling with a rain race this weekend.
The Honda "customer" bikes are definitely lacking.
We could start a separate thread on the ails of AMA right now (not enough mfgs is a bigger prob here than in MotoGP, IMO). BSB (British Superbike Series) is such an awesome series, someone at AMA/DMG needs to study what makes BSB work. I heard from a couple people that the online coverage was better than expected at Daytona, if we don't end up at RA for the AMA weekend, I guess I'll find out.
+Wade
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
The first few laps of MotoGP were incredible!
Indeed  - great fun!

It does appear Marquez will take the season, unless something spectacular happens.

Offline Tad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:56 AM »
I am pretty excited to see Vale slowly getting back to his pre-duck form.

Offline Hope2Ride

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 02:38:29 PM »
I'm excited to see Valentino in Italy this weekend and see how he does on his home turf, maybe make it a bit harder for Marquez to win one.

2011 Honda CBR 250R

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 09:16:42 PM »
Terrible qualifying for #46!!
john pierson

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
Qual was weird for this one, I'd bet Vale will still finish in the top 4. Should be an interesting race for second ;). I read this week that Ducati was bringing more HP to this round, looks like it worked for at least Ianone...349.6kph through the speed trap!?! 217.2mph, a new MotoGP top speed record :o.
+Wade
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »
WHAT A RACE!!!
john pierson

Offline Plus_P

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »
Epic!
Wade T. (Plus_P)
Crew Chief
www.cqcmotorsports.com