Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:37:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: St1100 Engine/carbs/exhaust/etc. Car Kit For Sale  (Read 1414 times)

Offline mudduc

• View Profile
St1100 Engine/carbs/exhaust/etc. Car Kit For Sale
« on: August 04, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »
Anyone want to make a really fast go-cart?  Here's everything you need for the power plant.

I have this complete ST1100 with mangled front end that has been sitting in my garage for the last 5 or 10 years.  I'm never going to do anything with it (I now admit to myself) and am looking to get it gone.  The bike runs great but without a front end it isn't going anywhere.

I also have a front end but it doesn't match (ABS vs Non-ABS issue).

The bike belonged to a mn-sportbike associate and after he crashed it in Iowa, I paid the towing charges and brought it back since I was passing by on my return from racing Heartland Park (fun track by the way, race it if you can.  Loved turn 2's sideways wheelies).  My thought was to get him back into riding when I showed him how easy it would be to get his bike back on the road.  Didn't work.  He signed the title over to me and it's been sitting since.

I think I've got about $1200 total into the bike and new front-end.  I'd take $800 for someone to pick it up and make it all go away.  I'm sure I'd get 2 or 3 times that if I started parting it out on ebay but I don't have the patience or temperament to ebay stuff.  If you want just the engine/transmission/carbs/drive-shaft/exhaust, how about take it, ebay everything else and pay me $800 from your profits?

I cleaned out the carbs and got it running a few years back to run stable(tm)-treated gas through everything.  Clean title.

Later,
Kent

Offline mudduc

• View Profile
Re: St1100 Engine/carbs/exhaust/etc. Car Kit For Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »
It is a 1997 with 137,000 miles (yes 137K I didn't add an extra zero by mistake).
The original front end took all the damage with mangled forks and broken wheel. I haven't looked at it for a while but if I remember correctly, the new forks would slip into the triple tree but the new wheel was too wide for the triple tree. The ABS-wheel has a gear for the abs sensor. Perhaps buying a ABS model triple tree would let everything bolt up but I don't know for certain.

So, currently no front end on the bike. I sent the original forks to Traxxion Dynamics (they owed me $600 at the time) to see if they could rebuild them with new tubes and then UPS lost them for me but I have the ABS model forks and front wheel (seller didn't know they were ABS).

Anyway, it's a mess. Please take it from me. Maybe I could find a reputable passionate motorcycle nut who wants to do all the ebay/craig's list work and split the income? I'll provide all the inventory at zero cost, you do all the sales work. 50/50 split on profits?