Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MotoGP Sepang The Clash  (Read 7952 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
MotoGP Sepang The Clash
« on: October 26, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
So what is everyone take on this.
the fans are on Rossi side.
Popularity for the four have all changed big time.
Pedrosa went down to 5%.
Marquez went down to 8%.
Jorge went down to 12%.
And Rossi. Well he went up way up to 75%.
Even Honda race director says that Marq was trying to stop Rossi championship success.
Only Pedrosa got it right. This is bad for everyone and MotoGP.
Jorge wants the championship handed to him.
Rossi is thinking about not going to the last race.
MotoGp is owned by the Spaniard's
Some thoughts.

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
Re: MotoGP Sepang The Clash
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:03:40 PM »
Yamaha's director Jarvis said this.... "So whilst, if you analyse the race in details today and you study every move that Marc did, there was nothing illegal about any single move, but I think you have to see the bigger picture and you have to question the motivation of the style of race and the way and the attempt of Marc to clearly disturb Valentino to the maximum. Finally that resulted in an overflow of frustration by Valentino and that boiled over and he made a move that was an incorrect move by taking Marc out to the side of the track. Then unfortunately Marc deicide to turn in hit the leg, that caused an incident and Marc fell off."

Race Director Mike Webb said,“Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules.

“Valentino reacted to what he saw as provocation from Marquez and unfortunately his reaction was a manoeuvre that was against the rules. It's irresponsible riding, causing a crash. So he's been penalised for that. We believe the contact was deliberate. He says he did not want Marquez to crash, but he did want to run him wide.”

No decision was taken during the actual race as Webb said he wanted to speak to both riders and watch the video replays at length.

Asked about Rossi appearing to kick-out at Marquez, causing the fall, the New Zealander replied:

“Rossi's evidence is that his foot came off the foot-peg as a result of the contact. From all the video evidence there is no clear shot that definitely shows that his foot slipped off the foot-peg because of contact or that he deliberately kicked. I don't have that as a 'smoking gun' if you like.”

Both of these guys say, that when judged "objectively", Marc did not break any rules but Vale, grew frustrated and lashed out by riding against the rules. Both of them judged Marc "subjectively" by assuming that he was deliberately doing "something" to mess with Vale within the rules.

My opinion is that these are supposed to be champions. There is no crying in baseball... Just go out there and race hard. Vale shouldn't be crying to the world that Marc is slowing him down and Marc shouldn't be deliberately slowing Vale down. This race could have been great but drama got in the way:(

'13 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
Think about this. Morning warm up Marq turned over 1 sec faster than anyone else. On the lap before the crash. the two were 2 sec off the pace. That's blocking and un sportsman like.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:41:51 AM »
From the video replays I've seen, it's true that Rossi pushed MM wide and then MM drove into VR's left side hitting his leg which clearly shows on the video as you can see his knee being pushed forward.  At that time, VR pushed his knee out (as in GET THE EFF off of me!) towards MM and there was NO KICK whatsoever.   Good lord, I'm SOOOO tired of seeing everyone's version of what they think they saw all over all of the different forums and the bashing that is going on however that it's hard for me to even log into FB because EVERYONE has their version.  I think the scenario that MM is/was trying to deliberately sabotage the championship is a valid one and I think VR got sick of his shit.  In my opinion, VR did nothing wrong other than teach the punk a hard lesson.  It's my hope that he (VR) kicks ass, wins the Championship and comes back again next year and wins it again.  BOOM! 

What time is the race at Ray's and you can bet I'll be in attendance for this one (just need to stay off social media that day at all costs!!) 
Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »
I looked at the heli view, it looks like they were toutching and as he was falling down he pulled Rossi's foot off the peg. I'm not a fan of either, so this it what it looked like to me.
Push Harder

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
MotoGP continues to be exciting but it's slowly creeping into drama sports (pro wrestling).   Looking back to the 80's, 90's, I just can't recall the top GP or AMA riders trying to take each other out, playing close proximity head games, or dangerous retribution acts.  They just raced and congratulated each other on the podium.  Sorry for the old man grumping but this is distracting to the point of not caring.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
MotoGP continues to be exciting but it's slowly creeping into drama sports (pro wrestling).   Looking back to the 80's, 90's, I just can't recall the top GP or AMA riders trying to take each other out, playing close proximity head games, or dangerous retribution acts.  They just raced and congratulated each other on the podium.  Sorry for the old man grumping but this is distracting to the point of not caring.

My feelings as well. Racing (and many other sports) at this level is entertainment, not sport. Though there is nothing wrong in enjoying it for the spectacle that is it.
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
Probably the most balanced analysis of Sepang I've read. It is a very long article and avoids simple conclusions.

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/10/27/2015_sepang_motogp_round_up_heroes_who_h.html

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
 Rossi wants for others to simply pull over and let him go.
That is not the mark of a true champion!

Rossi thinks nobody else except himself and Lorenzo should even be on the grid..... well I guess that is one way to insure he gets his 10th championship, since all he has to do is finish right behind Lorenzo and the championship is his.

Rossi is a spoiled whiny little biotch and so is Marquez, but Marquez was berated and goaded by Rossi all week, why on earth would anyone not have expected Marquez to not do his talking on the track and fight Rossi hard, likely harder than anyone else out there?!?

I am not a huge fan of either, nor Lorenzo but the actions of Rossi and his on & off track bullshit......... ZERO respect for him and I hope Lorenzo walks off to a 10 second win and Rossi doesn't even get inside the top 10 and I hope he does it in the rain where Rossi is supposed to be so good and things so easy!

These guys are paid for results, and basically win or place as high as you can regardless who you are racing against- I certainly don't fault Marquez for going right after Rossi in the battle for third- I do however fault Rossi for his actions of his attempt to drive Marquez right off the track and he should have been DQ right there on the spot or at the very least Black flagged and brought in for a several minute lecture about the virtue of racing vs fighting and being a douchebag. Marquez too should have been punished-more than scoring zero points and not finishing the race

Rossi has been a great talent, but his actions and statements don't impress me one little bit and I sure hope he goes nowhere fast in the next round and if he choses to not even start- well just more proof positive of a whiny little biotch who doesn't deserve any new contracts from anyone. Not that Marquez is anything special in the same regards- he certainly has his number of on track run ins too....

Go Jorge Lorenzo!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but keep your mouth shut and let your riding do all the talking)

I would love to see a Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Marquez podium next week with Rossi a distant finish well behind the Duc's, Crutchlow and the Suzuki's
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 11:01:09 AM »
Probably the most balanced analysis of Sepang I've read.

Thanks, Ray.  A good read.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
The writer states Marquez "misjudged the timing and turned in," and somehow it was not his fault there was contact.  I disagree.

While we do not know what he intended the consequences to be, there is no question Marquez actively turned into Rossi and hit him. And that he could have easily slid behind Rossi and ran for a late apex on the inside. He chose contact.

(This does not excuse Rossi's behavior, but I'm not convinced a racer running a competitor wide is punishable conduct, although clearly unsporting.  On the other hand, Marquez pushed Rossi off onto the alligator teeth several times earlier, in more dangerous areas (exposed Armco), and at higher speed.)

Marquez is a very physical rider. His history in Moto2, as well as encounters earlier this season with Lorenze and Rossi are great illustrations.

The reference that professional sports are soap operas for men is disturbingly accurate.  This is why I do not watch anything but the race itself.  I knew nothing of the nonsense Rossi was spouting before the race and only learned of it through the race commentator. 

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
 Speculation runs high;

linked article says Yamaha may ends its relationship with Lorenzo... I think that would be a huge mistake, he has championship contender written all over his next 5-8 year future barring any serious injury. So what if he and Rossi don't get along, punt Rossi if one has to go, he certainly does not have championship contender written all over his long term future. If Yamaha wants to shoot themselves in the foot.......... well I hate Yamaha anyways---much rather see anyone win than Yamaha

Whomever would get Lorenzo would suddenly be a contender regardless of what bike he rode. Even if he is not the best "development" rider, he still is an excellent very precise rider

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/yamaha-rumored-to-part-ways-with-lorenzo-because-of-his-attitude-in-the-rossi-case-101409.html
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
Agreed.

Lorenzo is my favorite racer to watch.  I enjoy his efficient, deliberate, smooth, considered style.  He was an overly aggressive rider some years ago (similar to Marquez is now), but a significant penalty cured him.

And, as you point out, he has a future.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »
 I remember Kenny Roberts being put at the back of the grid for missing a riders meeting. That was at the Sears Point AMA National before he became ac "World Guy". He was typically pissed and blitzed through the field-leading by lap 6 and winning. I would love to see Vale do that but doubt it possible. There have been many petulant champions-Roberts,Spencer,Fogerty,Stoner,Biaggi,Russell. I happen to like Rossi and can forgive a human reaction/mistake from a man put on a pedestal by many and derided by others. Rossi's bio is a great read even if you're not a fan.
john pierson

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
I am a Rossi van and always have been. I was a Marq fan but not much any more. Never was a Jorge fan and don't think I ever will be. I like Pedrosa more than the last two. He got screwed out of a championship because of others. And he is marked because of the crash with Hayden.
All of these guys are very very good. You could say they ride perfectly. So when you watch that last corner you can see that Marq hit Rossi. He was the one trying to take him out or both of them.
It is very clear that Marq head butted Rossi knee. And then he leaned in harder than Rossi. Trying to take him down. And because he was going faster and Rossin was bring his leg back it hit the handle bar. And he alone went down.
My real thought here is that when you go racing you race to win. You go for first not second. You give it your very best. You don't go out on the track to stop some one else from winning. Unless you bet them to the finish line. That is what racing should be.
Honda said that Marq went out there to stop his champion ship attempt. Like Rossi said this comes down to character and to me Marq has little. Same with Jorge. With the way he acted on the podium. Thumbs down to Rossi win and leave after he received his trophy.
Marq lost his bid for the championship on his own. Not from others like he says.
Rossi told the truth about what he did. Marq lied about everything. And so did the FIM. But that was not against the rules. Character is not in the rule book.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:00:45 PM by vince »