Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MotoGP Sepang The Clash  (Read 7953 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: MotoGP Sepang The Clash
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 09:56:24 AM »
And the drama keeps on going.
Rossi has taken his case to the European Courts of Sports.
Rossi starting position has been suspended until Nov. 6th.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 12:04:29 PM »
And the drama keeps on going.
Rossi has taken his case to the European Courts of Sports.
Rossi starting position has been suspended until Nov. 6th.

Interesting.

So there are two possible outcomes he can get. Reduced penalty or no penalty.

Here's what he says he was doing: "I just want to make him lose time and go out of the line and slow down because also this time, a lot worse than in Australia, he make his dirty game no? When I go wide, wide, wide, I slow down, we almost stop and I look at him to say, “F@%K, what the f@%k are you doing?”

To win he needs to prove race direction was not properly enforcing the rules or that in the absence of a rule against what he alleges Marquez was doing that it is okay for riders to take it upon themselves to rectify the situation without being subject to penalty. Although he might argue that other riders were penalized less for similar infractions, I believe if anything the opposite has been true in the past.

I think his own words damn him. Based on his assertions that Marquez has been dirty riding for several races and race direction has been doing nothing. Either race direction has not been enforcing the rules over several races or he was getting back at Marquez for several races of within the rules riding that he thought was dirty. The net is he knows the rules better or how to enforce the rules better than race direction, or that he should be allowed to be the arbiter of what is dirty racing.

I think Vale's ego is getting the better of himself. All I see is him proving that his ego is his weakness.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:10:06 PM by Ray916MN »

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2015, 06:21:37 PM »
There is also this...
"According to Art. 3.4.2.2 of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations no further appeal may be lodged when FIM Stewards confirm the previous decision of the Race Direction."

'13 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
But it does tell you to take it to the court of sport to appeal. Which is what Rossi is doing.
Interesting read the rule book. The word sportsmanship is not in the rule book. I didn't see it even once.
So you could say what Marq was doing was ok. Also the same for Rossi as well. No it comes down to the crash itself. Did Rossi really cause this. Or did Marq do this himself by turning in to sharp.
The FIM president is asking everyone to be good sportsman. Yet they don't know what it is.
I believe this is what Pedrose was saying about the rule book. To many gray areas.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
But it does tell you to take it to the court of sport to appeal. Which is what Rossi is doing.
Interesting read the rule book. The word sportsmanship is not in the rule book. I didn't see it even once.
So you could say what Marq was doing was ok. Also the same for Rossi as well. No it comes down to the crash itself. Did Rossi really cause this. Or did Marq do this himself by turning in to sharp.
The FIM president is asking everyone to be good sportsman. Yet they don't know what it is.
I believe this is what Pedrose was saying about the rule book. To many gray areas.

It doesn't tell you to take it to the court to appeal. The process is if you disagree with the FIM, you can take it to CAS. IF you disagree with CAS you can take it to the Swiss courts. Here is good summation of the situation.

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/10/30/valentino_rossi_appeals_sepang_penalty_t.html

At the root of all of this was what the FIM did right or not?

Here's their explanation.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224594/1/motogp-race-director-explains-rossi-punishment.html

Rossi admits to deliberately running wide, not to gain position, but to show Marquez that he was pissed and that Marquez should stop dicing with him. This precipitated Marquez's crash. This was considered by race direction to be dangerous riding not associated with racing for position, but associated with retribution. This is against the rules.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224594/1/motogp-race-director-explains-rossi-punishment.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 08:54:21 PM by Ray916MN »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 07:11:10 AM »
 Yamaha just released a press statement.  Commenting on Hondas choice of words. I think they just slap them in the face. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:45:13 AM by vince »

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
 The whole debacle is a slap in the face to the fans!

So he starts dead last, it should be interesting to see him climb through the field and how everyone treats him and whether they let him by with ease or if they actually race.

Everyone was told to race and use "sportsmanship".......... hmmm--

sportsmanship1.
[?spôrtsm?n?SHip]
DEFINITION
1.noun form of sportsman
2. fair play, respect for opponents, and polite behavior by someone who is competing in a sport or other competition

sports·man.
[?spôrtsm?n]
NOUN
1.a man who takes part in a sport, especially as a professional.

That leaves it very open to interpretation on what each person thinks is actually sportsmanship! You know some will feel moving over and letting him get to the front is the sportsman thing to do, while others may well feel the sportsman thing to do is race him hard as they do everyone else and make him earn each and every spot.......

It would mean more if he earned each spot than if they are gifted to him IMO

Whomever wins, who really cares---they have all (sans Pedrosa) acted badly and like the spoiled little brats that they are....

What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
Listening to Honda's press conference. They have no respect for others. They don't even know how to pronounce the name Yamaha.

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 04:27:53 PM »
How did they pronounce Yamaha? LOL Was it a Japanese speaking?

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2015, 09:53:54 PM »
Yamaka.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 08:31:02 AM »
 A bunch of completely classless Rossi fans!!!!!!!!!!
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Joel S

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 09:06:27 AM »
the tv feed ended right after the race, and went to soccer. on fs1

16 FJR ES               More seat time, less feet time.

Offline Jam-Bro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 03:50:45 PM »
Yamaka! Buhuhaaaa...
I'm glad JL won. Rossi's rant is just sour grapes. He's not the fastest anymore and that's burns him inside. Only the fastest win titles.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »
Look at Rossi's wonderful charismatic likable personality...talk about a sore loser the reality is---he wasn't fast enough to have run with the top three no matter where he started, he didn't win enough races this year to have earned the title....... Jorge won 7 races- he deserves to be the champion!

MotoGP News - MotoGP Valencia: Rossi blasts Marquez after title defeat
(^ this was supposed to be the link to the article for the below quotes)

“For me if you check the races of Marc Marquez in the last two years you know he always tries to overtake and minimum on the last lap. So the question is, why Marc Marquez never tried to overtake Jorge Lorenzo and never tried to make one attempt on the last lap?” Rossi replied.

“The situation became very embarrassing for Pedrosa, because Pedrosa was far [behind] and in the last laps he recovered two-seconds, which means that it is the pace of Jorge and Marquez just waited.

“And for me, he [Marquez] likes that it is clear that he helped Lorenzo, because after when he take off the helmet he is just saying it is not true. But, when he knows I will look at the television and it is clear that he helped Lorenzo, for me he is happy.”

Rossi also turned his sights on Honda: “The position of Honda is very strange. I don't know how a manufacturer can be agreed that one of its riders make the Yamaha win and try to fight just with his team-mate [Pedrosa]. This is very strange. But sincerely I don't understand.”

Speaking to the Italian media Rossi went even further, branching out his attack to include criticism of Lorenzo (for his post-Sepang comments) and the championship organisers (for not addressing Rossi's concerns after Australia or Malaysia).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:14:17 PM by Derision »

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
The Hills(WEB)are alive with the sound of outrage.  JL was fast,did win but obviously had MM working as spoiler for several races. Hardly a clean Victory. I've followed the GP series since the early 60s and have seen huge changes and many great rivalries over the decades. I'm sad the season ended on a sour note. JL is Champion but he is no Hailwood,Ago,or Rossi.
john pierson