Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Twisty 60 Vinnie and the Rocket The Clash  (Read 2407 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Twisty 60 Vinnie and the Rocket The Clash
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
OK so last Sunday some guy name Bill put together a group ride. To see if some dam bird is going to land it the water in Alma. It is never there and some one could surely call ahead to see if they are there. If not them we could cancel. 20+ years and no bird.
Well anyway I am sitting down with friends have a nice lunch and who shows up. Yep the Rocket. Wants to know what road I am leaving on. Well I just had my ECU flashed again and I was just getting use to that extra 5hp it has now. Thought I would take it easy and just ride up 61. Your not going to ride 60 with me she says. I look around and everyone is staring at me. Oh oh I better not back down from this one. Sure why not.
So I get outside and she is, well what are you doing. Stretching exercises. You should be doing the same. I know I am being played. I don't care. Fix your pony tail girl lets go. She points to her gas tank that she needs gas. Ok lets tank up first. We stop for gas and I tank up. Wait she isn't. What's going on her.
Well off we go up 60. She takes the lead. Oh this is going to be easy. No wait. Something is not right. The bike isn't handling right. Oh no she didn't fill up with gas and I did. I should have known. She played me again.
Halfway down 60 and the bike is starting to work with less fuel in the tank. I am getting close and there is a series of curves coming up. She puts her hand on her hip going into the corner. That did it I am passing. She turns and looks at me 3 times and she goes wide. She is going to make me go wide and cross the center line which I never do. So I lean in and head butt her hand. then the unexpected happened. She slap my helmet and knocked my glassed lose. I crossed the center line because I couldn't see straight. I am glad a cop wasn't there to see me cross over the center of the road.
I have kept this to myself until now. Because she ask to ride again during the week. Tuesday it was going to be nice out. Anyway back to the ride.
We turn onto 2 and wait for other to catch up. Tells to lead this time. Ok see if you can keep up. This is going to be good.
We are on 5 I think and we catch up to some other bikers. Just great one of my favorite part of the route home. Crap now there are some cars to pass as well. Just great I think. Well the guy on the Goldwing pulls out and throttles it and passes the cars. Hey nice pass but now I have to pass all of them and they are going even faster. I blow by with ease. Keep on going and get to the next stop sign and wait. I don't see her looking over my left shoulder but I do see the Goldwing coming. No way I think and where is Denyse. Well she is right next to me on my right side. Yep just like in racing. Look on your left and they pass you on the right. Look on your right and they pass you on the left. Now as we are waiting for the others the wing is pulling up next to me. Oh no he hot rod it up to have a talk with me. Just great know I am going to have to listen to all this. Putting his live in my hands and all that. Heard it before.
Nope. He stops next to me with a big smile and laughs and says nice riding. And shakes my hand. It was Bill. As it turns out I was the only one that knew it was Bill until later. Off to Welch we go.
This is like my back yard now. and we are off. Well not far in there is a bike crash. There are like a dozen sport bikes on the side of the road. They flagged us on. We stop in the town of Welch and wait for others. We talk about the ride and the crash. Denyse the gal that she is decides to go back and check it out. But before she leave she say to me. Tuesday we ride again.
She went back and say we know the one that crashed. He is ok but the bike needs a tow. And all has been taken care of.
The rest of use head on to Hasting and stop for ice cream. What a day it was.
Stay tune for Tuesday ride.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:39:52 PM by vince »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: Twisty 60 Vinnie and the Rocket The Clash
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
Monday comes. I am thinking about that slap. Never have I had that happen before. so I call my cop friends in Arcadia. I tell them what happened. Vince they said. You know a women can slap a guy any time she wants to. You know Vince that Wisconsin is a conservative state and there are no rules against this in Wisconsin. And you said it happened in Minnesota. But in Minnesota is a liberal state. You just might have a chance in your state. Why not take it to the WGASC. Really what is that. Who Give A Shit Court. I will do it I said.
So I did and they told me to blow it out my ass.
I sent the FIM and MotoGP an email. Waiting for their reply. I heard they have some experience with this.
Now I get a message from the Rocket. Are you riding Tuesday? Well I have a therapy appointment in the morning and a doctor appointment for my eyes for glasses. Well break it. You but I had to make this a long time ago because they are all booked up. Break it she says. Oh ok done. Good where should we meet. Where else. 60.
Stay tuned.

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »
That might explain why I had a Wabasha Sherriff tail me the whole way across 60 today.  He kept dropping back trying to trick me into riding a more Vince-like pace.   50 was soooooooo sssllllooooowwwwwwwwww.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
That's why we went the other way on Tuesday.

Offline RCKT GRL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
 :catfight:

Those who have actually NEVER tried riding the track could learn a thing or 10 about being a better streetrider; because let's be honest; none of us (Greg) are as great as we think we are. LMAO!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
Ouch Vinnie, you gunna take that? :nutkick:
Push Harder

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 08:47:05 PM »
 This story sounds familiar...................

Still waiting on Tuesday recap...
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!