Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Matt checking in from TA  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Matt Behning

• View Profile
    • 929and954
Matt checking in from TA
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
Looks like TA went down and MSTA is up to replace it.

I've been around all the local forums for years. Good to see everyone here.

I got my old CBR 929 still:)

Here's a throw back pic from own of our old group rides... Little Billy giving his signature one finger salute lol

-Matt Behning

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: Matt checking in from TA
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 08:37:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum Matt.

This forum is in no way a replacement to TA. This forum was originally started in 2000, predating MNSBR, ZG and TA. It is the forum of the Minnesota chapter of the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association (MSTA). The MSTA is an  AMA chartered club which was founded in 1982. There is a closed counterpart "MN-MSTA" Facebook group, for members who prefer Facebook.

While you may find many members of this forum who are also on other Minnesota motorcycling forums, you will also find that this forum is intentionally not widely promoted. By design it is selectively promoted to try keep the forum focused on riding and the riders club members enjoy riding with.

Once again, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to riding with you in the future.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:48:43 AM »
Welcome, Matt!

Offline Aprilian

• some guys can't get enough horsepower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
This forum was originally started in 2000, predating MNSBR, ZG and TA. It is the forum of the Minnesota chapter of the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association (MSTA). The MSTA is an  AMA chartered club which was founded in 1982.
Founded as Honda Sport Touring Association (HSTA) and prior to this site, MN's HSTA chapter's web-presence was as a Yahoo Group.
Ian

"Crossing the centerline at any time except during a passing maneuver is intolerable, another sign that you're pushing too hard to keep up. Even when you have a clean line of sight through a left-hand kink, stay to the right of the centerline." Nick Ienatsch, The Pace http://tinyurl.com/3bxn82

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »
     Welcome Matt. As Ray mentioned, many of us are on a variety of forums as well. I'm "Stevens_ave929" on all the others. One of the things this forum DOES share in common with the old Twisted Addiction is that the rides tend to attract more experienced riders and focus more on smart riding. While MNSBR has morphed into more of a track-centered forum and ZG tends to lean more on the social aspects of motorcycling, MSTA is all about riding!  :)     (These are my opinions of the forums, others may see them differently)
     Here is what you can expect on our rides: Long 60-90 miles legs between gas stops. Gas stops tend to be kept relatively short while the opportunity for more socializing can happen at lunch and at the end of the ride. While some of us do enjoy the occasional straight line speeds, most of the "spirited" riding is in the corners. As I'm sure you agree, that's where most of the thrill is!  8)  Our rides tend to start in Hastings, Prescott, Wabasha or Nelson. We do deep rides (200-300 mile from start to finish) into SW Wisconsin and SE Minnesota, with sometime a bit down into Iowa and northern Minnesota. Riders are expected to be able to self-navigate and follow route sheets or GPS. While route sheets and GPS are used, we do still tend to follow the practice of waiting at each road change and doing a head count.
       Riders are expected to respect other riders "space" and pass only on the left. If you're in a pace line of riders and you feel you can go faster in the corners than the guy in front of you, pass him/her cleanly and give a short wave. There is no animosity.   We try to keep egos in check and realize that we are all experienced riders and have various strengths and weaknesses on our bikes.
     Hope to see you on some rides next year! And you have excellent choice in bikes.  Here's my 929 I owned from 2001 through 2005.

Cheers, Greg

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:18:06 PM by Greg »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
 Rides are far longer.
fuel stops are farther apart
and generally the kind of douchebaggery found  on your typical zg or TA ride is not tolerated at all

Not sure where you get ideas from, but I don't think this is the place for you. Well unless you assimilate to our way of riding and totally change what your reputation is........
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:43:41 PM by Derision »
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
If you're looking to ride for sport and not spectacle you're in the right place. These guys for the most part ride what they call the pace. Some very good riders in this crew, and if you ride with us you will find this out on your own. Hope to see you on a ride, and welcome. Anyone can fit in here, but that's up to you.
Push Harder

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
CBR's rock!!  woo hoo!!

Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »
Welcome. Too bad about TA. I like those guys and had some good times. See you on A twisty road sooner or later.