Forum > Bike Help

Getting a tough fork Seal out

<< < (2/3) > >>

Matt Behning:
Thanks for the replies.

Yep I know that you can use a smaller PVC tube (same diameter as fork seal) to drive the new fork seal in... but to get this one out I'm using a larger PVC tube the width of the lower fork to drive it off the fork tube (held in vice)... covered the fork tube with duct tape so I don't scratch it and use the PVC pipe to hammer on rather than the metal that could crack or dent.

Deplorable, thank you!:
Tip.............

When you have zero clue what you are doing, have someone who knows what they are doing, do it!

You clearly have no clue, and all I can see here is you wrecking things to a degree far more than a leaking fork seal!

I guess if you have all the time in the world and all the money in the world, you can do it however you want------but you are doing it all wrong!

Jam-Bro:

--- Quote from: Derision on December 22, 2015, 09:15:46 PM ---Tip.............

When you have zero clue what you are doing, have someone who knows what they are doing, do it!

You clearly have no clue, and all I can see here is you wrecking things to a degree far more than a leaking fork seal!

I guess if you have all the time in the world and all the money in the world, you can do it however you want------but you are doing it all wrong!

--- End quote ---

Buwow Lloyd

What a nice way to help another forum member. Not sure if you have a history with this guy, but in his intro you called him a douche and now cluless. Yikes!!! I'm 100% certain that this is not the spirit of this forum. I learned at a young age that if you don't have anything nice to say, it's best to say nothing at all...

Matt, sorry I can't help you out or provide you with meaningful guidance. I've never done fork seals. There's one thing I'm certain of and that is that this forum is 99.9% filled with stellar folks that love to ride. Don't feel discouraged to post here in the future or show up on one of their awesome group rides.

Deplorable, thank you!:
 This is the same brainiac that broke a clutch basket trying to remove it.

Also the same braniac that broke a set of cases trying to pound them apart with a hammer while a bolt still held them together, then once shown the bolt was there and removed, still wanted to wail on the cases with a hammer to separate the halves.

and that is just a sampling of the awesomeness of stupidity and no common sense that I know of from Mr genius of breaking shit.........

And it was this genius of not knowing what they are doing that has repeatedly ruined more shit than he has ever successfully repaired.

I sure the fuck wouldn't want him riding anywhere within 100 miles of me on anything he touched, and god forbid when it is others property and they have to pay for all the shit he breaks then ride on unsafe machinery or take it to someone who actually knows something.

It is one thing to be stupid, it is a whole different story to be stupid, careless and have zero common sense and take no responsibility for how stupid, reckless and careless one is!

vince:
Yes there are some things left for the pros to do. But if you haven't damaged it yet here is how to do it on the forks you said you are working on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIgvyQybWyw
Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version