Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Champlin  (Read 3442 times)

Offline oldtimer

• View Profile
Hello from Champlin
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Hi everyone.  Just got signed up.   Found this web site when I was looking up some info on BMW F800GT, which I have been looking at.   I've owned and raced lots of bikes over my many years.  Now I'm an oldtimer and just do touring.   In the recent past I've owned a few BMW's, R's and K's, now I have a 2010 Honda NT700v, which is a great light weight sport touring ride.   All the big touring bikes are bigger than I want to push around so I'm now into the light to  middle weight touring bikes.   The NT is great, especially after making a few mods to the suspension and better windshield.  I've been looking at the BMW F800GT and will go take one for a test ride when spring gets here.   Jim 

Offline allonm

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Champlin
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »
Hi Jim,
Welcome.   I like your bike and heard first hand very good things about it. With upgraded suspension and its light weight, I bet it’s a hoot, not to mention how practical it is. I like practical and not overwhelmingly powerful bikes myself. On the 800GT, I personally was seriously looking into  an R800R myself a few years back and it is a great bike but I did not like that Rotax engine. I think it’s better suited for dual sport bikes. I plan on renting an 800GS in California this winter for some dual sport riding, maybe I will change my mind. Hope to see you sometime on a ride. I usually go back to riding in Minnesota/Wisconsin come March.
Allon

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »
Welcome Jim, this place is pretty slow this time of year. IMS is coming up and usually when we start to have a pulse again.
Push Harder

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »
Welcome. I too looked seriously at an 800 BMW when they first came out. The idea of a belt drive on a sport-touring bike appealed to me. Plus I don't like big And heavy bikes. See you around sooner or later.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
Hi,just happened to look and see if anyone's awake.  I'm at 119th & Sumter. Mayhap you can come on one of my monthly weekday Wisconsin putts or the local shorter stuff around here. Guzzi John ::)
john pierson

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing and meeting you on a ride this year.