Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A rare sighting indeed  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Bagels

• Boost Noises
    • View Profile
A rare sighting indeed
« on: April 26, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »
So I went to DCTC to see how badly my skills have diminished over the winter. I get there nice and early in time for the morning rider's meeting. Partway through the meeting what do I see; a Vince spotting.

After all the stories I've heard both first hand and otherwise I couldn't wait to get on the track with him. It wasn't a disappointing experience.

He managed to get himself black flagged before the first group entered the track. I flagged corners for the 1st half of the day then finally got out to ride the 2nd half. I ended up doing hooliganism the first few sessions on my grom then finally grew a pair and jumped on my zx10.

My 2nd session I passed the wild Vince showing another rider his lines around the track. I then went to do a small wheel stand on the back straight not knowing a 2015 R1 was stalking me close behind. MAN was that thing fast. I had to reattach my fairings after he flew passed me that fast. Ripped my bolts right off.

1st, and 2nd gear power wheelies as he ripped by me. That was awesome, so the chase was on. I followed Vince's antics around the track. Passing people, pushing corners, trying to work my line entering the straights to try to make a run at the power king. It took 3 failed attempts of coming right up to Vince's rear wheel to watch the darn thing hold the front wheel 2" off the ground and squeeze away from me.

Finally I hit my line perfect carried more speed through the chicane and hammered the throttle before he had a chance to straighten out. I could feel my front tire floating a few inches off the ground and glanced over to see his following suit. I shifted into 2nd and kept the front wheel floating and sqqqueeeezzzeeeddd in front before the first left hander. That's right, I passed the infamous Vince at DCTC. It was the hardest i've ridden my bike and the most motivated i've been to go a little faster.

Hope you enjoyed my Vince-spirated story. I have gopro footage of the antics I will try to upload later in the week when I stumble across some free time. Thanks for some of the most fun I've had a bike Vince ;) If you let me pass you, keep it to yourself so I can still smile when I watch the video.

-Shark Boy-
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:06:48 PM by Bagels »
"Have you ever ridden a 240hp bike. Then you wouldn't understand" -Vince-

Offline POE

• View Profile
Re: A rare sighting indeed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:08:20 PM »
A douche instructor on a red/black CBR600RR was easily keeping up to give you pointers to go faster.

Offline Busa dave

• Faster for the Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »
 Did you have to use the turbo?   

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
He had to use everything he had. You should have known.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »
Yea I got passed. And it was a good one. But you know it bothered me the rest of the day and into the next. Why did this happen. It wasn't until we were all at Rays watching the MotoGP race. At the end of the race Jorge was explaining why he lost. And it was all starting to make sense to me. And when I got home I check out my bike. I was running soft front and a hard rear. It was cool out and the track temp was a little cool.
The rear tire valve stem cap was missing. This was causing the tire to bounce a little. This in turn over heated the hard tire in the middle and it was slipping. The thing is I thought the pace was slow. I should have been able to stay in front. It was just bad luck that that valve cap was missing. I don't know but maybe when I wasn't looking someone took it off.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:34:16 AM by vince »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
Brutger. Did I say that right. Spell check says no. We had a great day. I haven't had that much fun on a track in some time.
Yes Bagels that was a great pass. Just the way I do it. I couldn't see you but I could hear you right there. We had to pass a lot of bikes right there. Just like when I passed you. There was so many bikes to pass that I thought was I was going to have to go off track because we were five wide.
I was just thinking. Is it ok to do those 2" wheelies or can you get a black flag for that too.

Offline Bagels

• Boost Noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:34 AM »

No turbo yet:( But I used the restroom right before we entered the track to shed some pounds to keep up with Vince.

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 01:22:33 PM »
But who won first place at the track day?
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"

Offline Bagels

• Boost Noises
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 12:10:27 PM »
But who won first place at the track day?

There is a plaque that says "Permanent 1st place: JVS Jeff" so I think I got 2nd and Vince got 3rd. There is a indent in the last corner before the parking lot....I was told it was from the great JVS's arse.

Offline Jvs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 11:59:43 AM »
It was the real reason why they have to repave DCTC :(
"you thought you had it bad, try staring at his butt crack the last 50 miles"