Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:11:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "It's a Machine,Not a Fetish!"  (Read 1425 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
"It's a Machine,Not a Fetish!"
« on: December 12, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
  One of my favorite sayings but I may have transgressed! About a month ago I scored a free bike stand/table on CL. This addition really effected things. The SV got a complete teardown of the suspension/swingarm for service. There was 60k+ crud as it appears to never have been done before. With that bike done the 250 Ninja was attacked. It has only 9k but is getting the same treatment plus valve clearance. I really got into cleaning the engines with solvent and wiping every nook & cranny of the chassis on both. Have I fallen for Fetishism? Well it is a lot of fun getting more intimate with the bikes. I'm reminded of asking a TZ250 rider many years ago why he was cleaning his bike so intently. His reply was "Weight". That is true but so is the perusing every inch of the machine(especially a racer). 40 years ago I'd check my Guzzi's valves and points at every oil change but in recent years even the splattered bugs didn't get removed.  The stand has been a wonderful influence on the Winter's bike work. It is also tweaking my "Oldheimer's" as the 250 swingarm came of twice more as "Oops-the chain has to go on first and then-someone forgot the chain rubbing guard"!!  Great fun-almost want to look for "Another Project Bike"! No, that would be silly. Happy Holidays everyone!
john pierson

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
Re: "It's a Machine,Not a Fetish!"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:16:29 PM »
I really enjoy a table for the bike.

Big difference between standing & tinkering and laying on the ground trying to get something finished.
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S