Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is winter over yet? How about now? How about now?  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Strider51

• View Profile
Is winter over yet? How about now? How about now?
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:52:53 AM »
What's up everyone?

If I survive winter I'm looking to get doing some more STing this year.  I have a 98 VFR800 at the moment.  Last year I did a trip to Chicago on a friends Concours1400 and it was awesome.  I don't know that the VFR would be as good.  But it should be good for some screwing around and some trips.  I have a feeling I will eventually want to make my way to a ST1300 or FJR1300, though at the moment money doesn't allow for that.  I also have a 2000 RC51 that I use for track days with ZARS mostly, it's track/race only now which is fine as the VFR really is a great sporty street bike.  Well it needs it's suspension refreshed in a bad way, but that's in the works after the RC is done (going to COtA in March).  I traded in my Hyperstada for the VFR.  I wanted out of the payment, it didn't quite fit me as well as I had originally thought, and the aftermarket wasn't making things fast enough for that bike (because everyone with a Panigale wants cruise control but no on a Hyperstrada does).

-Doug

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: Is winter over yet? How about now? How about now?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »
The VFR should be fine on trips. I have taken my ZX10 and my R1 on trips and there are fine.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
Welcome Doug. Winter ain't over, but days ARE getting longer!  :)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:06:03 PM »
While my ST-1300 is awesome for eating miles, if I was purely a solo rider and didn't need to be able to do 500 mile days two-up - I'd like to have a smaller and lighter SPORT-touring bike.  The ST1300 is really a sport-TOURING rig.   I've always wanted a VFR800.  But, I do prefer shafties. Too bad the VFR 1200 only has a 4 gallon tank good for ~150 miles.  ::)  The ST comfortably doubles that.
2016 FJR

Offline Strider51

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:56:10 PM »
Well Naustin if we ever are on a ride together and you want to play musical bikes I'd be down to try it.

I got my bonus check today at work and it's already spent hehe.  DMr fork carts with respring and a 929 revalved and sprung for me.  That should make the VFR pretty darn potent for my needs. 

http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/vfr800.html

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:09 AM »
Welcome!!!