Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F FOR SALE  (Read 4404 times)

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F FOR SALE
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »
For Sale
1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F, 14,189mi. Restoration completed in 2017. Honda original parts, no aftermarket parts. New fuel pump and filter, batt, sp plugs, coolant, brake & clutch fluid. Carbs rebuilt w/new gaskets & seals & synchronized. Less than 500 mi. on tires. Original Honda Owners & Service Manual.  Excellent Shape. 2nd owner.  $2,795.00, or make offer. Carl Wieman, Owatonna, MN deniseandcarl@yahoo.com

SOLD  SOLD  SOLD
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:55:45 AM by wiemanca »
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: 1983 Honda V45 Interceptor VF750F FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
Incredible deal. Must resist. I'd venture it is worth $2K more than the ask. So tempting.... GLWTS.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:50:15 PM by Ray916MN »

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
Hello Ray,

I will even deliver it to you in twin cites for that price.  Does that help??

Carl
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
 That's exactly like the one I bought new back then. Worst mistake ever-@ 17k it was on the 3rd set of cams. Only later did I learn of poor oiling system. You don't mention any upgrades to the lube supply. That said it was a great ride comfort and handling wise. They were rushed into production for AMA Superbike racing(with extra duty lubing mods).
john pierson

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
Strange that you mention the cam oiling situation.  I had someone else ask me if it had the update.  Here is what I discovered today.

I worked at Mankato Honda 1976-1986 as the Service Manager, but could not remember the whole situation on the cams.  I bought this bike from the original owner about 1.5 yr ago and unfortunately she died unexpectedly 7 months go.  So I could not ask her about the update.  I called a few Honda dealers, that I had hoped would have some answers as a way to tell, as Honda did sometimes put a stamp or some form of designation on the engine when a major program was performed.

Nobody could tell me if there was such a stamp or way to tell.  That was in the days when warr claims were submitted on paper.  I finally got referred to a guy that repairs old cycles and he is from that vintage of cycles.  He even owned a V65 at that time.  He told me that if it has oil lines from the base of the engine up to the cam area, that was part of the program and it was completed.

This bike has the oil lines on it.  He also said some people tried to make their own lines in later years, and were not always steel lines.  These lines are steel and have the Honda look.

This did not happen with all bikes.  There are several still available for sale on sites with over 50,000 miles.  None are all Honda original parts, such as exhaust, and some have a blue tank on red bike, or lots of dents. 

This VF750F has original parts and paint. 

Hope this helps to answers the question.  Now that you have the answer, you must be interested in buying this bike, or you would not have posted the comment.

Carl
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 09:24:38 AM by wiemanca »
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »
Great history and information, Carl.  Thanks!

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 06:50:58 AM »
Here is some more information to think about from a friend:
- because of the cam problem many of these bikes didn't survive.
- in the end, clean original unmolested bikes are the most desirable collector bikes, including warts like the cam oiling problem
- if this bike doesn't have cam problems and is original it is even more valuable than one that has been modified. For collectors originality, warts and all is always the most desirable.

To go along with these comments, the engine is very quiet, no cam noise like a a bike with cam problems would have.

Carl
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hey Ray,  I think you were correct that I was selling the VF750F for too low of price.   I had a few more to tell me that is was too low.  I also listed on cycletrader.com and had 4 very interested people just from there contact me, from WI, ID, CA and OH, plus several so so interested.  They were very  interested and as it turned out, a friend from Houston, TX bought it for $3000.00 yesterday.  He wanted it so bad, that from the time of the first email in the morning to time money was transferred to my account was less than 3 hours.  He collects cycles and needs this for his collection.  He wanted to make sure that nobody got it first and offered the extra $.  It all started with me sending an email to him late last week.  His first email was I want it, do you deliver?  I thought he was joking.  He offered another $1000 to deliver, but as of today, we are going to ship it.

Thanks to everyone that had suggestions about the V45, even though none of it concerned him which I told him, as he is a friend.  He is going to have new tires ready when it arrives so he can install before riding.  He keeps all his bikes in ride condition and rides a different bike all the time.
Gee I was hoping to deliver to see his collection of cycles and cars.  FYI, he has a warehouse full of cars over 100, most are not his.  He has a business storing and maintaining mostly Ferrari's for people.
Now on to the next project.
Carl
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
Congrats Carl.  I'm driving to Austin for MotoGP in the middle of April and have space to haul the bike to Texas if the buyer wants.

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »
Thanks for the offer Ray.  I am going to Austin, TX to COTA in Sep., I work part time for the new SCCA Pro Racing F4 Series.  But, he wanted it sooner and then our son and I were going to deliver in April also.  But, he deals with a shipping company a lot and found one that will pick up at my door for $600 and I don't have to crate it either, as most wanted.  So we decided to have them ship it.

Darn! I was hoping to take a look at his collection.  Well maybe in Sep. my wife and I will go there also while in Austin.
He wants me to look at some other cycles that need some attention.  Maybe I will have another winter project, or projects.

In the meantime, I need to check over the ST1100 for the season and STAR.  See you there.

Carl
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
The Interceptor has arrived in Houston, TX last week.  I received and email telling me he rode it a short distance at low speed to get his TX state inspection sticker and has new tires on order so he can test the Interceptor's capabilities.  He says he is glad he did not pass it up.

One of the potential buyers that asked a lot of questions, after I informed him it was sold, he told me he thought I was too low of price and that is why he was questioning the purchase.  Now he wishes he had bought it.  He said Haggerty says it is valued at $4,500+, even with a few imperfections that I pointed out to him.  Oh well, I sold it at what I thought was a fair price, being I am not into the collector market.

FYI to anyone, if you give someone your bank account number to wire money to, they can also withdraw from that account without your permission.  Do as I do, have a separate account and keep it empty and only for such situations.  That separate bank account will come in handy if I do some more wire transfers.
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org