Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: And yet, another new guy  (Read 1831 times)

Offline 3twins

• View Profile
And yet, another new guy
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »
Hello MN-MSTA.

I've been lurking for a while now, and decided it was time to sign up and participate. Although some you may not remember who I am (I'm using a different screen name now), I recognise some screen names and have ridden with a few of you. It's been a while since my last group ride though.

I started out as a WS'er back around 2000 or so and also went on some rides with Yahoo Group members. I begrudgingly migrated over to MNSBR because that's where everybody else went, but for the last year or so it's been getting harder and harder to identify with the other members.

Currently I ride a 2002 Aprilia Falco, but still keep my old Buell X1 in the garage along with a GSXR600 track bike, and an on old CB350 that hopefully someday soon I get started on turning it into a cafe racer.

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
Re: And yet, another new guy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
Do you want people to remember you, or are you hoping they won't?

I remember when Robert Ogden said he was on WS, and Dennis Sullivan wondered if WS stood for wussy.

Offline 3twins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:53:58 AM »
Do you want people to remember you, or are you hoping they won't?

I remember when Robert Ogden said he was on WS, and Dennis Sullivan wondered if WS stood for wussy.

In reference to changing my screen name I assume? I changed it because typically my screen name is/was my real name Wade. Also, the reason people may not remember me is I don't think I rode with anybody else last year, and the few years before that I think I met up with others maybe twice a year. So it's understandable if most, if not all, are wondering who the eff is this guy.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum Wade. Hope to see you on a ride. Glad to see folks from the YahooGroup make it here, and glad to see more non-Japanese bikes too. More bike manufacturer diversity on rides is always a good thing in my book.

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
Good that you registered here.  I remember your X1 from a ride Neal did on the WS Forum many years ago.  Don't remember if I ever saw your Priller ???
What Ray said, diversity is good. Enjoy your stay here!