Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So close, yet ...  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
So close, yet ...
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »
It's 90% of what I wanted it to be. Where it starts to show it's flaws are at speeds that I sometimes like to ride. I feel it "pushing" through the air versus slicing through the air like my sportbikes did. Also surprising is the gas mileage. While 35-40 mpg is still ok, I could slice the corners all day on my CBR and get 40-45.
A 350 mile day is more comfortable, but ...... maybe I didn't mind the "uncomfort" given it's a trade off. A Cadillac is more comfortable, but a Corvette is more fun. I'll rest when I'm dead. 

We'll see.

Greg not Steve
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: So close, yet ...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »
Better tires

Better rear shock absorber

problem solved!
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »
A Cage is still a Cage.
john pierson

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:32:59 AM »
So, is it the aerodynamics of the fairing that is bugging you, or the handling?    Perhaps a different windscreen would help get rid of the sensation of pushing air out in front of you?   On your CBR, your body may have been in more clean air flowing all around you, while on the new bike with more protective fairings, the net result is that the air is being moved and potentially directed up and into your chest/helmet.  Take the windscreen off entirely and see what it feels like.   Perhaps a different windscreen with a better profile (read less style) would actually help the bike "Slice" through the air better.

2016 FJR

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:24:24 PM »
Excellent suggestion.  I put a double-bubble screen on my sport bike thinking any extra protection, albeit small, would be good.  As it turns out, I like the feel of the stock lower screen better.  I was very surprised.  The stock screen is back on.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »
Now is the time to get this done. Re-flash your ECU. Get the better gas mileage you want and more power so you are slicing the wind and not plowing through it. Then when spring is here get on one of the forums and see what other like for wind screens. Then you won't know if your plowing or slicing.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 04:57:19 PM »
The bike you are talking about is a Kawi H2 SX or SE. I would go for the SE. This bike has your name all over it. And if this bike is going to be your last. Then this is it hands down.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
The bike you are talking about is a Kawi H2 SX or SE. I would go for the SE. This bike has your name all over it. And if this bike is going to be your last. Then this is it hands down.

My budget is half what those bikes cost !    :)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 08:42:13 PM »
Well you had two bikes at one time. This bike does both. Ride with bags or without. Full power or something less. Cheap to run also. Bike gets 50 mpg. Dam good. I'm Sure there is cheap loans out there. With all the stuff on it. You can make it a 200k bike. And I am sure it will kick any Honda ass.
St. Boni has one. Also Kawi is offering loan deals and cash back. Now is the time to buy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:48:41 PM by vince »

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
I didn't think of it before. But if you get a H2 SX SE. You can leave the bags on and use the cruise control and plow through the wind. Take the bags off and you the throttle to control all that power and you can slice wind all day if you like. I would buy a new seat either way if you slice or plow the wind.