Forum > General Banter

So close, yet ...

(1/2) > >>

Greg:
It's 90% of what I wanted it to be. Where it starts to show it's flaws are at speeds that I sometimes like to ride. I feel it "pushing" through the air versus slicing through the air like my sportbikes did. Also surprising is the gas mileage. While 35-40 mpg is still ok, I could slice the corners all day on my CBR and get 40-45.
A 350 mile day is more comfortable, but ...... maybe I didn't mind the "uncomfort" given it's a trade off. A Cadillac is more comfortable, but a Corvette is more fun. I'll rest when I'm dead. 

We'll see.

Greg not Steve

Deplorable, thank you!:
Better tires

Better rear shock absorber

problem solved!

GUZZI JOHN:
A Cage is still a Cage.

naustin:
So, is it the aerodynamics of the fairing that is bugging you, or the handling?    Perhaps a different windscreen would help get rid of the sensation of pushing air out in front of you?   On your CBR, your body may have been in more clean air flowing all around you, while on the new bike with more protective fairings, the net result is that the air is being moved and potentially directed up and into your chest/helmet.  Take the windscreen off entirely and see what it feels like.   Perhaps a different windscreen with a better profile (read less style) would actually help the bike "Slice" through the air better.

Elk:
Excellent suggestion.  I put a double-bubble screen on my sport bike thinking any extra protection, albeit small, would be good.  As it turns out, I like the feel of the stock lower screen better.  I was very surprised.  The stock screen is back on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version