Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pledge  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Pledge
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:39:05 AM »
In the interest of keeping this group alive and even growing it's numbers,  I pledge to organize 4 open-forum rides this season.  Will others join me in a commitment of their own?

Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: Pledge
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 09:14:26 AM »
 I'm hoping to do more Hill Country Rides. I'll be 72 this month so we'll see. With the Futura gone it will be the SV or 300. Have to do some shorter rides to see how body feels.
john pierson

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:13:49 AM »
Greg - thanks for putting yourself out to organize!  It’s appreciated and I know there are other folks that have the experience, and know all the roads very well (not me, yet) - but just have a hard time nailing down the time until the last minute.  Also, it’s smart to have two or three people team up to organize something - I know you have had designated “lieutenants” in the past riding clean-up, leading a second group, etc.

I pledge to attend several rides, and will be thinking about how I can help more in the future.

Thanks again!
2016 FJR

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »
 After a successful 400mi+ a week ago I'm primed for doing more. With 464 members registered it seems very few are interested in participating let alone planning or leading a ride. I'm thinking it is the old "Motorcycle Enthusiasts versus Riders". Not to knock anyone but it is obvious we must accept that and hope some will keep these activities going in the future. I'd love to keep riding 'til 75 or 80 but who knows. That said I'm looking to go again mid to late June. GJ
john pierson

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
Some of us have jobs, so mid week rides are tough.  I did one last year, and will like do more later in the summer/fall when work is less busy for me.  ;)

On the weekends, many of us have wives and kids..... Ditching the family for an entire day on a summer weekend requires about 30 days notice at my house, and also timely reciprocation.  8)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:14:03 AM by naustin »
2016 FJR

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »
 I was lucky to have a job with flexible vacation policies that allowed midweek biking or xc skiing. The family does come first.
john pierson