Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Volunteering at STAR 2018  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Volunteering at STAR 2018
« on: June 04, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
As local MSTA members to STAR 2018, it is customary for us to volunteer to staff STAR. After all, not only are we able to enjoy the roads around STAR much more readily than members coming from outside the area, we are also much more familiar with the area and better prepared to help visitors get the most out of their visit. If you haven't already, please volunteer to help at STAR 2018 in La Crosse, by providing  Dennis Villarose at ipnman2002@yahoo.com your contact information and letting him know that you'd like to help at STAR.

TIA for volunteering!

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteering at STAR 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:11:26 PM »
Given the apparent lack of local interest in this event, I guess I'm not surprised you're having trouble getting volunteers for this event. The overall decline of people's involvement with this organisation is unfortunate.  That statement is not an indictment of anyone but more of an acknowledgement that it is taking place. 
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 06:57:32 PM »
I volunteered months ago.

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »
Thanks Vince.  There is always room for volunteers at any event.  It makes it easier for everyone.  We will see you in a few days in La Crosse.
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 07:23:46 PM »
me too, apparently they're having trouble getting more folks given this last minute request. I'm sure it will be a success regardless.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:27:47 PM by Greg »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline wiemanca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
It is not that there is a shortage of volunteers, as there is always room for more, to make it easier for everyone.  I was informed a few months ago, and again by another person tonight, that has been involved with many STAR's, that most of the volunteers do the volunteering at the event.
Another words, when people register, they ask what they can do to help?

They find it a way to meet new people and learn more about MSTA.  That is how we got involved a few years ago at STAR, and now have friends from New Mexico and Texas that we only see at STAR and they will be in La Crosse, and helping.

But, back to a few comments posted, if you are from the MN-WI area and know the La Crosse area, then it is always nice to have you as a volunteer.  It not only shows the support of the MN MSTA Members, but you can also give some very helpful advice to people that do not know the area.

We will see you in La Crosse in a few days.
We Ride for MS
msmotorcycleride.org