Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: making small talk  (Read 7808 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: making small talk
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
1998 Intruder 1500

Guy got it gifted to him (apparently neighbor died more than a decade ago and widow was finally ready to get rid of some of his stuff), he proceeds to clean the carbs and gets it running.....

It came in Saturday as well with original tires....those old rea 3 digit date codes 198........... so 19th week of 1998- man those were super fresh on a 1998 built bike!

new tires, brake and clutch fluid was like pudding but flushing seems to have them working well again, the actual crankcase vents hooked up to the airbox again, the air box actually attached to the carburetors and the battery fully charged and charging system checked while synchronizing the carbs - that were a full two turns off which is huge and surprising it was even rideable

another bike down the road safe and rideable again.......... although I did recommend some other services to do over the winter...

my bet, look for an ugly yellow Intruder up on craigslist this fall or next spring??? guy doesn't seem like nor talk like a rider?!?!?
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »
It must be satisfying to get a bike like this functioning safely again.

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2019, 01:44:08 AM »
usually, and for the bikes it all seems worthwhile....the people on the other hand, not always....
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2019, 01:46:39 AM »
I am not sure what is so difficult about installing tubes in spoked wheels, but this is atleast the 10th bike this year that I have found the tube pinched on..........

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2019, 01:50:11 AM »
And then this gem......

it had just about overflowed my 7 qt oil dran pan, and the bike only holds a tic over 3 qts of oil

This was a pic of the carb after just pulling out the slide and needle thus far.......

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »
and to end the night..........

the old fuel pump collection from the past 3 months.........

I have not had to replace a fuel pump in a few years and it is very rare but this year.......... 5 now......

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »
usually, and for the bikes it all seems worthwhile....the people on the other hand, not always....
Yeah, I hear you.