Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:21:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: making small talk  (Read 7828 times)

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
Re: making small talk
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
I won't mention which dealership did this but........

guy goes in and gets new tires installed and this is how his bike was returned to him. He felt someonthing off and returned to said delaership immediately

They had one of their "mechanics" go look at it and ride it and make the claim nothing is wrong

Customer calls me, and ultimately against my advice rides bike to me the 30ish miles

this is what I found!!!!!!!!!!

fucking idiots!!! too damn many fucking idiots....
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 09:07:48 PM »
It is after all a lot easier to put the wheel back in when you do it that easy way.

Offline Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 06:25:22 AM »
That's OK, just use the front to hold the bike from rolling backwards at the stop.  ::)
14 FZ-09

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »
Tire pressure guages

When buying a new guage do you look for an ANSI certified guage?

Do you know what that really means??

Well here a link to a brief and quick read......it doesn't mean as much good as one would think! (although I still make sure all mine have this certification)
Food for thought for everyone.

Do you have any recommendations?

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 12:56:56 AM »
Check me if I'm wrong Sandy but that caliper is in fact installed backwards right?

Must have been that place up north that used to own a car dealership.  LOL

I won't mention which dealership did this but........

guy goes in and gets new tires installed and this is how his bike was returned to him. He felt someonthing off and returned to said delaership immediately

They had one of their "mechanics" go look at it and ride it and make the claim nothing is wrong

Customer calls me, and ultimately against my advice rides bike to me the 30ish miles

this is what I found!!!!!!!!!!

fucking idiots!!! too damn many fucking idiots....

Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2019, 06:45:34 AM »
Check me if I'm wrong Sandy but that caliper is in fact installed backwards right?

No, that rectangular boss under the caliper bolt on the right side (front side) is supposed to be in a slot in the swing arm.  That boss is responsible for keeping the caliper from spinning when it grabs the rotor.  The slot allows the caliper to move forward and back with chain adjustment.  With it loose on top it will stop the bike going forward but the break line would be stopping it going backwards.
14 FZ-09

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2019, 12:46:42 PM »

No, that rectangular boss under the caliper bolt on the right side (front side) is supposed to be in a slot in the swing arm.  That boss is responsible for keeping the caliper from spinning when it grabs the rotor.  The slot allows the caliper to move forward and back with chain adjustment.  With it loose on top it will stop the bike going forward but the break line would be stopping it going backwards.

^This......
 it is installed forward as it is supposed to be- it just is wrong
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »
Tire pressure guages

Well here a link to a brief and quick read......it doesn't mean as much good as one would think! (although I still make sure all mine have this certification)

I have been pretty happy with both the BLUE POINT (snap on) guages I have....one is very early 80's vintage the other is late 80's or early 90's vintage...... both have the 8" flexible hose, one has a 15* angle on the head, the other has about a 45* angle on the head and both swivel......... I use the 15* angled head every day, the 45* a few times a week (mostly on those 90* stems since you are coming at them sideways)

absolutely hate the STOCKTON even though it had good reviews, and I tried 2 different models of these

The MOTION PRO professional, that is the one that reads about 4 psi low all the time compared to both Blue points and the Dunlop tire vendors "professional dunlop guage"

a quick look at snap ons website and I do not even see the same or similar blue point guages I have........ those gauges with the long steel shaft on the end, well I find them to be a royal pain in the ass on motorcycles- probably fantastic on most cars/trucks though....

Offline pkpk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2019, 03:56:24 PM »
Gottcha on the caliper guys....thanks for the explanation.
Tire pressure guages

I have been pretty happy with both the BLUE POINT (snap on) guages I have....one is very early 80's vintage the other is late 80's or early 90's vintage...... both have the 8" flexible hose, one has a 15* angle on the head, the other has about a 45* angle on the head and both swivel......... I use the 15* angled head every day, the 45* a few times a week (mostly on those 90* stems since you are coming at them sideways)

absolutely hate the STOCKTON even though it had good reviews, and I tried 2 different models of these

The MOTION PRO professional, that is the one that reads about 4 psi low all the time compared to both Blue points and the Dunlop tire vendors "professional dunlop guage"

a quick look at snap ons website and I do not even see the same or similar blue point guages I have........ those gauges with the long steel shaft on the end, well I find them to be a royal pain in the ass on motorcycles- probably fantastic on most cars/trucks though....

Thanks.  I purchased a JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge - 60 PSI.  I like the backlit analog that holds at the peak measurement.  I found it spot on to my other (hard to read in dim light) LCD guages.  We'll see if it lasts.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
^ absolutely having them hold the last highest pressure is a big plus in my book in the .... make life easier category

you will have to give some future update as to its durability and accuracey after time and use...

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24:36 PM »
Must be an epidemic of stupid people working on bikes???

yet another rear brake caliper installed incorrectly and ridden in..........

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 09:25:55 PM »
This was also ridden in, 2 up on a stretched and lowered bike with the same old piece o crap stock shock.......... obviously not a good idea!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
Let us not overlook this fine gem either...........

5 bikes arrived in one day, all 5 with major safety issues.......... SMFH

Offline Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2019, 10:45:05 AM »
This was also ridden in, 2 up on a stretched and lowered bike with the same old piece o crap stock shock.......... obviously not a good idea!!!

What was it rubbing on, pillion?
14 FZ-09

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
The 2 bolts that hold the underpan to the subframe...... (fender eliminator hardware)

stretched- so the center of the wheel is now a foot further back and not in the "tire pocket" any longer and is actually under the end of the subframe where the oe fender would have been 6-8" into the tire