Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If  (Read 2542 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
If
« on: October 16, 2018, 08:11:51 AM »
If this website falls off the face of the earth without warning, remember the parent MSTA can be found here.

http://www.ridemsta.com/mstaforums/index.php
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline sleeper404

• View Profile
Re: If
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:13:02 AM »
Domain expiration coming up?

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:17:31 AM »
Don't know, just a preemptive "heads-up" for everyone.
(Given how quiet things are)
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
We're not going anywhere.

Offline Mike Duluth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 08:56:11 AM »
Changing of the guard is always hard to adjust to, especially when it's Ray. Ray has done a lot for this crew and I for one will miss him keeping us informed of things going on in MN-MSTA.
Face book has done more to slow this sight down than anything else. I for one will be gone if face book takes over, not interested in peoples day to day goings on. So if you're using face book to organize a ride then I won't be invited. This sight is pointed directly at what we do as a group and I check it most every day. As for MSTA, I've tried to connect with it from time to time with little to no response. As some of you already know, there's a core group there also, and most of us are not part of it. I pay my dues mostly to get the star review, so the MN group IS my crew and have gained some good friends because of it.

Long live the MN in msta
Push Harder

Offline sleeper404

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:58:15 AM »
Forums have always been more information focused than junk social media sites.  I agree that I prefer this site to the Facebook group, but as a younger American I also have to accept that I would be permanently out of the loop regarding long time friends and family without it.  Regardless I guess I will finally get around to building that server out and getting a fresh faced forum package installed in the event Ray feels like passing on the torch, even though I won't be an MN resident much longer.

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
Face book has done more to slow this sight down than anything else. I for one will be gone if face book takes over, not interested in peoples day to day goings on.

I share your disinterest in social media, but I found you can easily monitor the MN-MSTA Facebook page without seeing anything else if this is your preference. 

All you need is to sign up for Facebook and then ask for an invitation to join the MN-MSTA group.  Sign up for the group.  Then ignore any friend requests you may receive. 

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
 What prompted this discussion?
john pierson

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
What prompted this discussion?
The continued lack of activity both in conversational postings as well as posted rides. 

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »
  I'm thinking the group is more diverse than homogeneous. Some want fast organized stuff on weekends. Others want longer real touring out of state. A lot would rather ride alone. Very few like me do long midweek day rides at what some would see as boring velocities. I don't post my shorter rides in the North and Westerly directions as they are mostly spur of moment things that might not interest anyone. And finally many folks can't find or won't take the time to ride. Perhaps a "Where did you ride this week" section would get some action. I had a nice 100 miler yesterday which might be the last of those unless we get some more weather gifts.
john pierson