Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How many motorcycles is to many?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
How many motorcycles is to many?
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:02:18 PM »
I know we have talked about how many you need. But how many is to many is the question.
Is their a number?
Some of us just have one and others more than a dozen.
What do you think? Chime in.

Offline sleeper404

• View Profile
Re: How many motorcycles is to many?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 05:19:05 PM »
Shouldn't something like 3-4 be the "correct" amount?  1. Street bike 2. Long Distance 3. Off-road 4. Track Bike.  That's where I plan to stop anyway.

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:15:19 PM »
If garage space and bank account limits aren't an issue I would love:  a long distance BMW, a dirt bike, an early 70's Honda CB350, current model CBR1000rr, a vintage Vespa, a vintage Triumph, and yes even a Harley. 
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 08:33:17 PM »
How about one more than you already have.

Offline naustin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 09:02:13 PM »
I think too many is exactly one more than you have time to ride.  As such, two bikes is too many for me. 
2016 FJR

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »
Back in the early days for me. Just one was all I needed. Then I got a better paying job. And well I thought I would give racing a try. So with more money and going racing I went out and bought 2 new bikes. A brand new MX bike and a new bigger street bike. All of a sudden a new street comes out. I got to have it and I like my old bike still. Well it still will fit in the big garage and I have more money. Got it. Then all of a sudden the come out with sport bikes. OMG. I still like my old street bike but I got to have one of those really fast bikes. Yep it is in the garage. And then off course I am winning races so I race more classes. This means more bikes. So when is it to many. Well if you go into the garage and you don't know which one to ride that day. You are one short.

Offline jleosnow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »
Back in the early days for me. Just one was all I needed. Then I got a better paying job. And well I thought I would give racing a try. So with more money and going racing I went out and bought 2 new bikes. A brand new MX bike and a new bigger street bike. All of a sudden a new street comes out. I got to have it and I like my old bike still. Well it still will fit in the big garage and I have more money. Got it. Then all of a sudden the come out with sport bikes. OMG. I still like my old street bike but I got to have one of those really fast bikes. Yep it is in the garage. And then off course I am winning races so I race more classes. This means more bikes. So when is it to many. Well if you go into the garage and you don't know which one to ride that day. You are one short.

I like your thinking Vince!!

-John

Offline Stinger

• Yea Hey Der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
So when is it too many? Well if you go into the garage and you don't know which one to ride that day. You are one short.

HAHA that's awesome, I'm saving this one!

Currently at 4
Roger
I still dislike forums.
Red PC800, White DRZ400S, Black FTR1200S, Red Multistrada 1200S

Offline RidinAgain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 08:53:04 AM »
Right now between Sue & myself we are at 7.

However, not enough time to ride each one even if they were all running.

Need to purge and update dirt bike collection and get a couple of more modern bikes to actually RIDE!

This could change however after we move and hopefully get more space to keep and maintain things.  I am kinda a softie for the 70's & 80's bikes - especially 2 strokes....   ;)

As far as number to say too many - I don't think in my world it exists....

Steve

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:13 AM »
 Had as high as 7 or 8 but now 3 is plenty-1 needs work, 1 needs gas, 1 ready to go. Have a display hanging in the shop with pictures of the 50+ I've had in 60+ years.
john pierson

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »
So when is it to many. Well if you go into the garage and you don't know which one to ride that day. You are one short.

Sounds about right!!

Have a display hanging in the shop with pictures of the 50+ I've had in 60+ years.

What a great idea!!  I may have to work on that given I'm pretty sure I have pics of all my bikes.

I wish I could have kept all the bikes I've owned over the years.  I have usually had two though....a cruiser & a sportbike.

This past season was the first time since I started riding that I only had one bike.  Next season will likely be the first season that the two bikes I own are BOTH cruisers.

A Harley may end up in my stable at some point in the future also but time will tell.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 05:24:28 PM »
 I have the original sales brochure form every new bike I ever purchased.......

But how many is too many..... well if I ever get to that point I will let you know what I think
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
I think I have every owners manual for all the bikes I have had also. lol.