Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1ST TIPTOE  (Read 769 times)

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
1ST TIPTOE
« on: March 27, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »
 Had to get out in tropical heat despite high wind and sand dunes. Felt very nice.
john pierson

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: 1ST TIPTOE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
I rode to work today.

Offline Deplorable, thank you!

• I hate liars ! Keep the douchebags away, patrol !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »
 Already had a customer fall up at the intersection yesterday
brand new tires and he gave it too many beans while turning (opinion- wasn't there, but heard it)

broke off the footpeg and brake pedal but only a few scratches on bodywork, I think he was more embarrassed than injured.......His pride took a big hit.

I even warned him about taking it easy on brand new tires on cold roads and cold temps.......despite it being about 53* at the time he departed

I guess I should have gone out and scuffed them for this impatient person who claimed they were a good rider and could do it themself....

Funny I haven't had any issue on dozens of different bikes with brand new tires even in sub freezing temps...........
 Everyone thinks they are an expert rider as soon as they can let out the clutch without stalling............

I know what I am for sure doing with all the next dozen + bikes getting tires...... You can wait 5 more minutes so you don't end up waiting longer
What you just read is based on my experience and the info I have acquired during my life. Yes, I post long responses regularly because I like to fully explain my views. If you don't like it or agree with what I have to say; ignore it. I HATE LIARS ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PRETEND TO BE YOUR FRIEND!

Offline Elk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:51:23 AM »
New tires and cold is not a good combination. One would think the reminder would be enough.