Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Midwest cycle - never again  (Read 1385 times)

Offline jfoo

• View Profile
Midwest cycle - never again
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »
So I raved about Leo's South last time (and I am still really happy with them).

Tonight A & I stopped at Midwest to look at gel seats (the new seat is not very comfortable). We walked in, two guys behind the counter didn't have the time to turn around and help us, a third guy walked behind the counter, and when I asked for gel seats, gave a brusque pointing motion to the two they had in stock, didn't make an effort to help us. It reminded us that every time we go in there we get the same treatment.

So no more. I guess that means Bob's if we absolutely have to have it now (bigger selection too, better hours) or mail order.

j

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
Re: Midwest cycle - never again
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »
You would think given the sorry state of the economy that businesses would be more customer friendly to try to minimize the amount of business that walks out the door..... Then again, some businesses seem to have a problem breaking with long traditions....

PKPK

Re: Midwest cycle - never again
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 12:40:50 PM »
Hmm, interesting.  I know most the guys down there and I wouldn't characterize them as not helpful or disinterested when it comes to customers.  I agree they don't jump out from behind the counter but that is because they get alot of people in the store who don't care for help until they ask for it.  Usually I get a hello when I walk in and then I only need to look at someone at the counter while standing next to the merchandise and that is there cue to come over to me.  One thing they explained to me once was they are tired of helping customers make decisions, only to have them leave and order the stuff of the internet.  They have thanked me for not leaving the store and buying from them.

I won't defend their attitude.  Sometimes the owner is downright cranky but I have gotten used to his demeanor.  He isn't a bad guy and he knows he rubs some people the wrong way.  But compared to all the other merchandise shops in the cities, I have gotten the best prices and best ordering service when I needed something they didn't have.  I would take the cranky owner and disinterested workers over the condescending attitudes I get from the megastores.