Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ride your own ride  (Read 744 times)

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
Ride your own ride
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:42:35 PM »
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline GUZZI JOHN

• View Profile
Re: Ride your own ride
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »
 Excellent piece. On possibly the first ride that TK had accompanied me on a similar thing happened. I had led over Montana Ridge and down Happy Valley to Independence. Tony says follow me for a while. We head out N to T. Stopping at a crossroad TK and a fellow named Duke blast off. Oh my mind says-"My Futura can keep up with 600s!" Bad idea not knowing that road. After several sweepers you come to a 40mph? right atop the ridge. I came into it 80-90. My Guardian Angel plus the Aprilia's abilities saved my ass. I ended up riding 10-20 yards in the dirt off the left shoulder and got back on the road. The edge was no more than 2 feet wide with a very high sheer drop off. There is a long stretch of Armco there now. Dazzle who was following on his Superhawk said "Nice save". Not sure how much I had to do with that save but I know Brain Fade got me into that spot. GJ-73 and still learning.
john pierson