Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pickup rides  (Read 2192 times)

Offline tk

• View Profile
Pickup rides
« on: June 29, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
I just want to encourage people to post their rides here. Pickup rides used to drive the old MN-Sportbike forum back when
it was very active. It was common to see a long ride and a short ride or two posted for every weekend plus a weekday ride
or two. Now things are almost dead here. Mark and I are the only people I see posting pickup rides. Just for the record,
MNSBR rides have dropped off to a trickle and their quality is mostly poor. The only thing keeping this forum going is our
MSTA rides, which most people recognize as being well planned and organized rides of high quality. Sadly there are only
one, sometimes two MSTA rides a month. Nudge your friends to organize a ride and post it here (and anywhere else).
The abundance of posted rides on the ZG forum is a big contributing factor to that forums success in my opinion. Their
forum members step up to the plate, show some balls (or ovaries) and get things done. We can do better than we are doing.

Offline tk

• View Profile
Re: Pickup rides
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:29:49 PM »
Good of you to do two official MSTA rides. Check with Ray on the dates. He controls the calendar. I plan to show up.

My bad. As I look back I do see where you posted some rides. So you, me and Mark are carrying this forum ::)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:32:03 PM by tk »

Offline Greg

• There is nothing heroic about my member, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »
I just want to encourage people to post their rides here. Pickup rides used to drive the old MN-Sportbike forum back when
it was very active. It was common to see a long ride and a short ride or two posted for every weekend plus a weekday ride
or two. Now things are almost dead here. Mark and I are the only people I see posting pickup rides. Just for the record,
MNSBR rides have dropped off to a trickle and their quality is mostly poor. The only thing keeping this forum going is our
MSTA rides, which most people recognize as being well planned and organized rides of high quality. Sadly there are only
one, sometimes two MSTA rides a month. Nudge your friends to organize a ride and post it here (and anywhere else).
The abundance of posted rides on the ZG forum is a big contributing factor to that forums success in my opinion. Their
forum members step up to the plate, show some balls (or ovaries) and get things done. We can do better than we are doing.

Good post, Tony.

There never is a shortage of opinions on how rides should be handled. It's always easier to critique than offer solutions.

Post up!  :)

Greg
These people have taught me more about riding than any day spent on a track: Larry B, Tony K, Vince J, Mr. Wonderful, V2Neal, Marty F, Kevin B, Devon W, Ehrich, Mike A, John L, Arnell, Kirk, Ray C

Track days are like climbing the rock wall at REI.
Perhaps I need to stop taking the high road.

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
Nudge your friends to organize a ride and post it here (and anywhere else).

Any rides I post up likely will only be on this forum but I may send out invites to a select group of other friends via facebook/e-mail/phone/text.

The abundance of posted rides on the ZG forum is a big contributing factor to that forums success in my opinion. Their forum members step up to the plate, show some balls (or ovaries) and get things done. We can do better than we are doing.

With all due respect I beg to differ a bit there Tony.  If you really look at it there has not been a lot of rides or events this season on ZG.

Those they have had have been mostly small cliques of people getting together or have been full of drama.

ZG isn't like it used to be when I first came on there.  But I've kept mostly quiet on the subject for a reason so that is all I'll say about it.

If anyone wants to know more please get a hold of me in person.

We can do better than we are doing.

I agree whole heartedly there!!  I'll do my part & put adhoc/pick-up rides up when I can & thank you tk for the acknowledgement about posting rides.  I know I haven't posted a lot but glad someone noticed the ones I have.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:00:11 PM by Tumbler »
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline tk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
Mark,
Last year you made a big contribution to the number of rides posted on ZG. If you were organizing rides at the same pace that you did last year everything
would be wonderful. But I certainly can't blame you for taking employment. I had to do the same thing this Spring. ZG, like MSTA, needs to encourage more people to organize rides. It is a very hard sell. Like selling snow tires in Key West or screen doors for submarines. I have to beg, harass, whine and
lay guilt trips or flattery on our membership just to get a "maybe" response to my request to do a ride.

My bad again. I remember JP posted at least one Frontier ride here. A few others may have thrown something up also.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:46:01 PM by tk »

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
Mark,
Last year you made a big contribution to the number of rides posted on ZG. If you were organizing rides at the same pace that you did last year everything
would be wonderful. But I certainly can't blame you for taking employment. I had to do the same thing this Spring.

Thanks tk, you're too kind!

I know many others contributed as well.  Overall, for me it was the new job that changed things & the climate on ZG.  It has gone way downhill in my humble opinion over the course of last season & this year it is pretty bare in respect to quality rides & events.

I mainly stopped posting them over there because I'm tired of the mentality of a few that can't let stuff go.  I know a lot of people appreciated the rides & events I posted there but lately all I get is personal attacks from the head of the forum & a few others whenever I try to do things.

If things change maybe I'll consider posting rides & events there again but for now I'll just keep tabs on things & make it to what I can.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!