Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I wanted everyone to know that I have not resigned. (from what/I don't know)  (Read 2226 times)

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
I continue to be the person I am.  When I woke up yesterday and when I woke up today, I noticed I was the same person both days.  So I felt like everyone should know this. 

Now that I have wasted some of your time and mine, I'd like to comment on the locked thread from Lloyd.  (since I can't comment there)

Motorcycling and riding is supposed to be fun.  That is it.  Nothing more serious needs to be added.  Attend rides, don't attend rides, do whatever floats your boat.  Just keep it fun and leave it at that. 

The world is already busy with rules and time commitments.  Noone on this forum should take things too seriously, because this is supposed to be a fun past time.  So relax, enjoy rides, and assist in growing this forum so more people can get the same carefree benefit.  Rock on!  Gene

Offline mikey

• View Profile
EXACTLY!!!

Offline Flooryou

• Hanging by a Moment
    • View Profile
I like you!!!!   ;D
Nothing satisfies..... But I'm getting close!

Offline gdawgs

• View Profile
Now let's not make assumptions here.  That's what gets us in trouble. 

I set up a lot of rides, just doesn't happen to be on this forum or format. 

I also ride a lot, just not around here.   But really, none of this matters, cuz who cares about what I do? 

You are a cool and knowlegeable Kat, that has let the details upset you. 

Just chill, forgive, and enjoy the best part of this:  Riding with peeps, enjoy motorcycle talk, and let go of the need to judge or control. 

Keep the formula simple and magically, it becomes fun again.   

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
Just chill, forgive, and enjoy the best part of this:  Riding with peeps, enjoy motorcycle talk, and let go of the need to judge or control. 

Keep the formula simple and magically, it becomes fun again.   

I suspect people have different tastes and use a wide variety of complex formulas to arrive at the magic fun part.

For as little as I get to ride for fun, judging and controlling have to play a major role or I simply don't have the magic fun; Lloyd and I may have that in common.  I cram as much of "my" fun as I can in on "my" rides, and put as much of "myself" as I can afford into various real and web-based communities.  When outside influences alter my "fun" level I get to decide what I can change; sometimes it's my attitude/preferences, sometimes it's not.

Lloyd's obviously seen a road or two, a group or two, a forum or two, etc. and his response to the current situation is what it is.   Whose fault is that?  Nobody's, everybody's?  Who cares?  You keep doing your thing, he'll keep doing his, and if we are all respectful enough of each other, we'll hopefully all cross paths as friends, or better, in the future.

a.s.

p.s.  I think it's worth pointing out that he did say "the rides", not just "rides"...