Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New front brake pads for '02 ZX-6R / ZZR600?  (Read 3411 times)

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
New front brake pads for '02 ZX-6R / ZZR600?
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »
Hi guys,

Anyone have a favorite brake pad for all-around riding?  I've heard awesome things about Vesrah RJL's, but they don't seem to make them for my bike.  Low dust, low noise, good bite and good feel of course, and decent longevity would be nice.  I doubt I'll spend much time braking from track speed, although one or two rounds @ DCTC / year is likely.  I've got 50K miles on the OEMs and I'd buy them again if there's nothing better.

Thanks!

Andy

Offline beedawg

• View Profile
    • Ride Safe, Ride Smart! Motorcycle Safety Training
Re: New front brake pads for '02 ZX-6R / ZZR600?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
I always used to buy EBC  HH sintered, but the last time I bought DP standard compound.  I don't know that I can tell much difference.  OEM is probably fine, too.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »
IMO if your no running on the track all the time, and you have gotten good life out of the OEMs and are happy with them I would not change.
Chris
----------

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »
thanks guys, i think i'll take a shot at the non-HH EBC's.

a.s.

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
thread revival time:

So shortly after I replaced the pads, my brakes have developed the classic warped rotor pulsating.  Google suggests perhaps I may have a glazed spot on a rotor which could be buffed out (for lack of a better description)...  anyone on here have any experience with a similar problem / resolution?  Any tips or advice?

I was going to get a gauge to check the run-out (I think they call it) to start with...

Thanks!

Andy

Offline aschendel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »
thanks for checking the run-out on mine lloyd.  i ebay'd a set of 2001 6R rotors w/ 7k miles on them.  the gold centers were a little beat up but so far they are working good.  my only concern at the moment is that the pads drag a bit more than they diid on my old rotors.  i pulled some fluid out and pushed the pistons back in a little, didn't help much at all.  will be doing a flush / cleaning in the coming weeks, followed perhaps by a rebuild if any issues remain.

a.s.