Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need a new riding suit  (Read 7794 times)

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
Re: I need a new riding suit
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 10:06:42 PM »
I see that the Revit catalogue that they have a lotof stuff. I will go check tham out.
When the weather gets nice again and I have my new bike we'll have to go up and try some on.

I hear you there Vince....I think I may have to get down to Motoprimo & look at getting a pair of those gloves.  I'm all in for a trip to Duluth...via Jay Cooke of course!!  I'm gonna price some stuff out on their website so I have an idea of what I'm gonna spend.  I'm thinking this could work for sometime in late May/early June.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!

Offline slh7d

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:46 PM »
I know I am going against the MN "norm" (not getting an aerostich) but I just ordered some Motoport kevlar mesh pants.  I have only heard good stuff about it.  Has a liner you can buy that makes it good for cool/cold weather riding.  If I like the pants, I may get a matching jacket, making it a two piece I can zip together.  They have a long side zipper so they are easy to get in/out of like an aerostich. 

I had a 1 piece aerostich, I it was good, but pretty dang warm on warm days, and not that warm on cool days.

Just wanted to try something different, we shall see.....

2010 Ducati Streetfighter S

Offline MinnDuc

• 1098 & Hypermotard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »
Well going against the masses here but Lithium Motorsport has Teknic Violators for $410.00.  Mine is being shipped.

http://www.lithiummotorsports.net/productdetail.htm?browse=-22497&productId=-160695&shopBy=-4290&catalogId=-1091

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »
I appreciate everyones advice. Thank you and keep it coming.

Duc Man

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
+1 for one piece Roadcrafter, great man purse as well and very comfortable, I 'm a conceal carry and it holds my Glock nicely. Truly feels like a go anywhere ride anything all purpose riding suit. I do all sorts of on road riding, sport bike, touring, endurance, never think twice about what I will wear, just grab my stich and go.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:46:36 AM »
I own a bunch of Motoport stuff.  Don't bother.  It's nice, but nowhere as nice as the price.  The life span is poor.

I have a strong bias towards leather after spending a number of years with textiles.  I want my leather back!

I've had the opportunity to spend some time with the Aerostich waterproof leathers.  I find them to be very, very nice, but don't expect to put anything in the pockets.

The Aerostich waterproof leathers are the least expensive waterproof leathers on the market by at least 50%.  They made it for 6 hours in light drizzle and heavy rain.  They don't quite flex/stretch as much as normal leathers, but they are 90% there.  I slightly noticed a difference.

Considering your size and ability, a waterproof leather would seem to be best.  You know how to use your bike and adjust your body position to get the best out of it.  The problem with textiles is that they don't stretch as easily as leathers to adjust to body position.  The Roadcrafter doesn't stretch at all, so you have to rely on it being larger that leathers.  The tradeoff is that the pads will not stay in place during a crash.  The slide away.

I figure if you ever crash, it's going to be big and by something beyond your control.  If I were you, I'd want the Aerostich waterproof leathers with custom T-pro armor.

Vander

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
Teiz?

http://www.teizms.com/

I've heard great things so far.  They are very reasonably priced, and I am fond of the "Hi Viz" looking stuff.  Has anyone had first hand experience?

Offline rddau

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »
Love the Aerostich Roadcrafter. I also have a 2 pc vented suit, but will still grab the Stich as the arms will scoop the air with the zippers open thereby making it more comfortable on my fully faired bike, whereas the mesh just aren't as cool. On a non-faired bike, on a hot day, the mesh suit is definately the choice.

Offline airman

• But why male models?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
I posted this before but I wasn't able to read any of the posts, so here it is again.
I'm tinking of getting a full body riding suit, either leather or textile. If I get leather should I get full leather so I stay a little warmer when it's cooler out. Or get a combo leather textile to stay cool all the time. And if I do this should I get this a little larger so I can put some under clothes on under neath to stay warm on cooler days.
I now a lot of you have an Areostich. If I go with this what should I be looking for here. Why do so many of you like this suit so much?
I don't know for sure when I'm going to get this I mean it took me 42 years of riding before I bought riding boots for the street.
Thanks.

I have th eFieldSheer i piece Radar suit. It's preforated..so if it's a little cool out...I can't wear it. Unless I stuff newspaper in the front for a wind break. It's very cool while riding..even in teh summer. But..in teh summer..when you stop and sit for a while...your ready to peel it off. JMO
The man has only one look, for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigra? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
Well I'm saving up my money and I 'm think of going with leather. Just got to pick the right suit for me. I have put on a few pounds but the old race suit still fits.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:54:24 PM by vince »

Offline Tumbler

• View Profile
    • Better Livivng Thru Mondern Chemistry
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
My new Aerostich suit came in the mail yesterday!!  Picked it up this morning & wore it to work.  So far I LOVE IT!!  Now I have to get it broke in before next weekends ride around Lake Superior.

I know some others wanted to go up to Duluth & get fitted & such but Jon P & I happened to be up there so we stopped in.  I appreciated his patience as I spent some time getting fitted!!

I would still be up for a ride to Duluth for others though.  I have some days off to burn before the end of September so if anyone wants to plan a weekday to go up thats cool with me.

We could do Jay Cook & Hwy 1 to Ely & back as well as catch lunch at Canal Park or something.  I just need a weeks notice or so to get it approved.
Mark Cell  612-910-3339    Business website: http://www.amway.com/justlivin
Check it out...great deals for riding season snacks & such!!