Route Files

Site Menu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Planning - Phase 1  (Read 8508 times)

Offline vince

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Time 2 Travel
Re: 2011 Planning - Phase 1
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 11:00:46 PM »
Looks pretty good to me.

Offline Ray916MN

• Administrator
  • Dim Mak
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 07:47:07 PM »
Just did a first pass at planning a 9 day (2 weekends plus 5 weekdays) trip including hitting the WSBK round at Miller Motorsports park outside of SLC.

Doesn't look good. The race in 2011 is Memorial Day weekend and the route I was thinking of putting together followed the Continental Divide from the Beartooth Pass down through southern CO and across southern UT and then up to SLC. Unfortunately significant snows in the Rockies through the first week of June are not that rare, so this isn't going to work.

Next pass will be at planning a 10 day (weekends plus 6 weekdays) trip including hitting Laguna Seca for the MotoGP round (July 22-24, 2011).

Offline 4kless

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Ray - I've ridden to/from Miller WSB 3 of the last 4 years and I think your chances might be better than they appear. I did not go this year, but the 2009 race was also late May. That trip included a two-day loop on the front side through higher elevations in CO & UT and the only road that was iffy was Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, which had been open for less than 48 hours prior to my arrival. They do a pretty good job keeping the roads open and clear, since many of them are the only access to tourist/resort areas. Based on experience; you just need to have a contingency plan, and be prepared to stop and/or backtrack if the weather gets crappy. DAMHIK  :D